IGNORED

Fish Chowder

eagleeye

Now I mean to tell you that I'm a fisherman, but this summer I've been riding, not fishing, so tonight when I went to make a batch of fish chowder, I used some catfish chunks.

GARBAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ruined it. Normally I'd use Walleye, Sauger or Bluegill.

I"ll never do that again.

Steve

(I'll have to take it to my starving student son in college. :)

Now I mean to tell you that I'm a fisherman, but this summer I've been riding, not fishing, so tonight when I went to make a batch of fish chowder, I used some catfish chunks.

GARBAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve

Eagle eye I'll send some walleye to you I caught this Monday

Eagle eye I'll send some walleye to you I caught this Monday[/quote

Nice catch but I think it may have too much mercury. Its got four furry legs growing out of it belly:rotfl::rotf::rotfl::rotf::rotfl::rotf:

Guest KitCarson

GARBAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve

The Secret to good Catfish stew is to use lots of hot sauce, you pour so much in it you cannot taste the stew! That is a big thing here in the south, all the Bass Clubs get together and have a catfish stew, our local tackle shop does this twice a year. I always stop in , just to mess with them. Catfish stew is awrrrfullll!! The use big crook neck catfish out of the river. A crook neck is those big ones that sit by the outflow at the sewage treatment plant, they get a crook in their necks from looking up at that pipe all the time!!. Pour some more hot sauce in that stuff.........enjoy!! Kit

Next time you're in the area Charlie, we'll take you to catch some REAL fish. Went fishing Sat.with my son and some of his friends and we really knocked the boots off of the bluefish, striped bass and porgies.

we actually started throwing the bluefish back because we had so many.

Guest JGorom

How bout some of you fishermen/cooks putting up your recipes along with what fish you would recommend!

PS All those recipes except those that use catfish...I don't like to mask the taste of the fish and other ingredients with hot sauce. :)

Hey Charlie,

Now that's a real fish!

Actually after I simmered it for a bit, it was quite good. I did add a little hot sauce though.

I have a couple good recipies that I'll add when I have the time, and they do not include catfish.

Now that I see that there are a bunch of fishermen here, are there any of you that ICE FISH?

Can hardly wait for that.

Steve

How bout some of you fishermen/cooks putting up your recipes along with what fish you would recommend!

PS All those recipes except those that use catfish...I don't like to mask the taste of the fish and other ingredients with hot sauce. :)

My Recipie-

1. Catch fish

2. Give fish to fiances chef Brother

3. Eat fish!

The wife loves corn battered fried catfish and fried ocra . I on the other hand , hate fish and ocra !

I was made to eat fish day end and day out as a youngster . Now I am older , no one is going to make me eat it again unless I want too ! I'm a beans and tator guy , per say .

Now fishing , I love to fish or at least anchor off and take a snooze on the water . RELAXATION is what it is , RELAXATION !

BEER

The wife loves corn battered fried catfish and fried ocra . I on the other hand , hate fish and ocra !

I was made to eat fish day end and day out as a youngster . Now I am older , no one is going to make me eat it again unless I want too ! I'm a beans and tator guy , per say .

Now fishing , I love to fish or at least anchor off and take a snooze on the water . RELAXATION is what it is , RELAXATION !

BEER

Beans!!! Remind me not to ride behind you!!!!

The Secret to good Catfish stew is to use lots of hot sauce, you pour so much in it you cannot taste the stew! That is a big thing here in the south, all the Bass Clubs get together and have a catfish stew, our local tackle shop does this twice a year. I always stop in , just to mess with them. Catfish stew is awrrrfullll!! The use big crook neck catfish out of the river. A crook neck is those big ones that sit by the outflow at the sewage treatment plant, they get a crook in their necks from looking up at that pipe all the time!!. Pour some more hot sauce in that stuff.........enjoy!! Kit

What gets me about this area, I cannot find a good fried catfish place.

All I heard about before coming down here was how the fried catfish was superb, not. I have yet to find one restaurant that even knows how to prep a catfish properly before frying. :(

When I want a fish fry I want a Friday Night Wisconsin Fish Fry at the local tavern with beer batter cod, coleslaw, and fries. You can keep the catfish.

In Oklahoma I can find every whole in the wall BBQ place, but a good fish fry does not exist here.

When I want a fish fry I want a Friday Night Wisconsin Fish Fry at the local tavern with beer batter cod, coleslaw, and fries.

Boy rosebud, you hit the nail on the head with that one. think I'll do that tomorrow night.

Steve

Guest KitCarson

BEER

I bet you are a case, sounds like you are!! I loved the new seat belt law, my wife hit me with a rolled up newspaper, I could not wait to show her that one!!

I moved to South Carolina from Missouri some 18 years ago, and like Sleeperhawk says, I have never tasted a good catfish!! They have something else around here I do not like either, it is called grits!! What the h.......is a grit was my first impression, when someone told me about those, is you makin fun of my Awkansas heritage or what? What happened to biscuits and Gravy.

and Rubarb Pie.......one thing for sure unless it has brown sugar in it, it is so sharp it will clean your teeth, will not have to brush them for a week they will be so clean.

Take Care.

my wive is a arky , she lovs catfish , crawdads and hushpups . yeck , and more yeck . if you have to eat corn meal it should be boiled with lots butter , sugar and milk anything you got to suck the inerds out is not werth eating ! i eat real fish - flounder , grouper , shrimp and bugs , i'll only eat what i catch ,

When I was a kid we ate clams, oysters, mussels crabs, prawns, shrimp and salmon and cod from the waters in front of the house. We could not afford hamburger. Now I only eat salmon. But flying fish is good and I don't mind catfish. I realy like hamburger.

You guys actually catch fish??!!

I just end up drowning innocent worms. If it wasn't for the beer, it wouldn't be any fun at all. Of course, I guess that's true of a lot of things.

And as for ice fishing, that would be aisle 8, frozen foods. If it's not Mrs. Paul's, throw it back!