IGNORED

Dyna Beads = Wasted Money

V7Goose

I have read about Dyna Beads on this site as well as Road Star Forum. There are even some You Tube videos on the subject. The general consence is that they work. As far as the tried and true method goes well...... times are a changing.

I'm going to use Dyna Beads on my next tire change on both scoots.

OK now I'll shut up and sit in the corner.:duck:

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw a claim in Dunlops website that the warranty would be voided on their tires with the use of any product like that. Anyone else?

Considering the number of warranty issues motorcycle tire manufacturers have, I too would look for any reason I could to void a warranty. Sound logic in my opinion. I'm just saying. :witch_brew:

Whether I wasted my money or not is up to me and it is my money. I see many things that I think people waste money on but don't say anything unless #1 I have tried the product and #2 they asked me about my thoughts on them.

I run the Dyna beads on my RSV and also Run them on my old Goldwing. I run E3's on both bikes and on the goldwing I got just shy 0f 20,000 miles out of the last set of tires. The front could have went more but was headed out on a 5500 mile trip so decided to change it at the same time. I now have a little over 9500 on the new tires with no cupping of any sorts and still have the Dyna beads in there.

As for my RSV I have the beads in the tires , run E3's and have 10620 miles on these tires with no cupping of any sort and both front and back are wearing down smoothly and evenly. The way it looks I believe I will get another 7-8 thousand out of them and I don't run my tires down to nothing. Maybe the Dyna Beads suck but I have tried the lead balancing and the powders and as of right now I will stay with the beads if you don't mind.

I didn't start this thread with the intention of goring anybody's favorite ox, but I just cannot control it now . . . I am blown away at the number of people who seem to be so willing to just blindly accept the manufacturer's claim that even though they know a spin balancer will effectively prove these beads do nothing, everyone should just ignore that and blindly accept their assurances that they are really good things!

So I now know how I am going to support myself in retirement.

Offering now: Mauser's Magic Ballancing Dust! I will sell you 5 oz at half the price for 2oz of Dyna Beads, and I will provide a money-back guarantee that it will provide 100% of all the benefits of Dyna Beads (provided that the buyer can provide any tangible evidence whatsoever of such benefits). The major benefit of Mauser's Magic Balancing Dust, besides being 1/2 price of Dyna Beads, is that no installation is needed at all - just dump the bag of magic dust on your tire and enjoy the ride! :big-grin-emoticon: (mojo included for free - buyer provides his or her own mirrors)

Place your orders now!

Goose

It's amazing that you don't accept fellow riders own use and results. But then again if you believe what is printed and haven't tried them then I guess it does make sense.

Watch these two video's and then maybe they will make a little more sense

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq263AYgyYg]YouTube - DynaBeads demo video by Evolution Cycles[/ame]

Here is a demo on Centermatic balancers which work just like the Dyna Beads

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skY6qvzpNXI&feature=related]YouTube - How Centramatic Balancers Work[/ame]

>>.I should add to this discussion that getting the Dyna Beads down the valve stem can be a real pain. The '83 Venture valve stems must have an abnormally small inside diameter since the beads constantly jammed up and it took patience and the vibrating tip of an engraver (point ground off) to get the little buggers in. My Honda Saber was much easier and the 90 degree valve stem was actually the easiest since tapping on the outside of the curved stem just shot the beads right in. A better system to get them down the valve stem needs to be designed.

I slide a 1/4 clear hose over the tire valve ( with the core removed )....pour the Dyna Beads in the hose, place a cloth over the hose to prevent the Beads from being vacuumed into the pump, use a vacuum pump to pull vacuum on the tire.... By watching the beads inside the hose and trial & error of applying a small vacuum to the tire, then removing the vacuum pump, the beads will be vacuumed inside the tire. I use this method for tubeless tires .......and I have not vacuumed a tire bead from the wheel as of yet ...."works for me"........."The Dyna Beads do TOO":thumbsup:

Just put a new Avon Cobra on the front, beefed up the springs, and re-lubed the steering head. I was so busy being overjoyed at the success I had with changing the springs for the first time I hadn't given much heed to the dyna beads I had installed.

Reading this thread last night reminded me of my new dyna beads and that I had noticed better handling with the bike. Ever since putting a ct and dyna beads on the rear I would experience the dreaded wobble upon reaching 80. Something I was willing to live with since I normally do not travel at this speed. This morning I drove at higher then normal speed, for me, to confirm my suspicion. Upon reaching 95 plus on the interstate this morning I realized that the wobble was gone. Yhea me!! Yhea Dyna Beads!!!!

I've never drank cyanide but I've read some pretty good data that says it is probably not all that good for you. I don't feel the need to try it myself. :)

OK...I know that is an extreme example but sometimes those test reports can help us make wise decisions.

The bottom line is, if you are using the beads and are convinced that they are balancing your tires as good as conventional weights, then enjoy. I still prefer the tried and true method that most tire installers recommend.

I've never drank cyanide but I've read some pretty good data that says it is probably not all that good for you. I don't feel the need to try it myself. :)

OK...I know that is an extreme example but sometimes those test reports can help us make wise decisions.

The bottom line is, if you are using the beads and are convinced that they are balancing your tires as good as conventional weights, then enjoy. I still prefer the tried and true method that most tire installers recommend.

The point I was trying to make was 2 fold, first there are hundreds of different reports, hundreds of different experiences and hundreds of different stories about these things all with valid reasons why they work and a few as to why they don't

and secondly I was a little surprised that someone came on here and attacked the people that use them as stupid and wasting their money just because they read a report. I get reports all the time via email about a dead person that needs my help to move millions of dollars out of the country but just because I read it doesn't make me believe it especially when there are a bunch on here that have told me different. OK I am done with the subject now.