IGNORED

Rode in the snow

qdude

Took it out today, some streets still snow covered. Good to get out for 30 minutes, although some of those minutes were a little tense.

http://media.kansascity.com/smedia/2009/12/25/10/ChristmasSnow083_ME_12-25-09_JFS.standalone.prod_affiliate.81.jpg

Took it out today, some streets still snow covered. Good to get out for 30 minutes, although some of those minutes were a little tense.

http://media.kansascity.com/smedia/2009/12/25/10/ChristmasSnow083_ME_12-25-09_JFS.standalone.prod_affiliate.81.jpg

are you nutts?:buttkick: i would not drive my 4X4 in that !!! plus that looks colder than beer ! :cold:but i have rode my bike in a hurricane , :whistling:

A man after my own heart! What kind of rubber you running on yours? I found my Venoms are fine on cold pavement and fresh snow but pretty much suck on hardpack. Only went around the block a couple of times but it was interesting. Gives the neighbors something to gossip about anyway. LOL!!!

I now have to agree with Scott.

This old bike does need any help finding spots to corrode.

But in my younger days I rode all winter in Wisconsin. I had winter tires and summer tires.

The winter tires were the narrowest ones I could get on the rim. Up to about 6 inches of snow was no problem.

Now I am old and have realized that I MAY be mortal.:snow2:

I don't think I'd even take my 3-wheeler out in stuff like that!!! Like the guys say I don't want to pay the price for all the salt and corrision that'll come afterward.

BUT as a teenager with a 150 cc Honda I road whenever I could. I like to think I'm smarter now. :whistling:

Larry

Here in Ft Collins it was low 50's so I sipped out after chiseling my 'Appain Way' out from the garage door to the middle of the rest, with the rest of the way clear! I got to put in about 20 miles, and could have done more but my time was limited. Didn't get to ride today as in the upper 40's; at my age I only ride in the low to upper 50's, which we will have tomorrow and I'll be Zoooooooming again on my 86 Vr, compliments of Squidley's Lonna who let him sell the bike to me in 06! So everyone ride well, long, hard and safe and together if you have a Queen Seat or UP Lady rider, ... always together. I am still looking for one. Referrals will be greatly appreciated! LOL :95::banana:

JackZ