IGNORED

"Whine" poll, is there one?

ken

I used the search option and can't seen to find a poll on how many have the "whine" vs how many do not. I found a poll ref: to how many have fixed the problem, but no one that would give an average on how many bike have the problem. If anyone knows of a poll could you post a link.

I believe that all Ventures (MKI, MKII, 2nd Gen) and most Yamahas fall into one of the following categories:

1 - Rider can hear gear whine.

2 - Rider cannot hear gear whine because of deafness, loud pipes, MP3 player, passenger whine etc....

Straight cut (spur) gears are always noisy. That's why helical gears were invented.

I had an 05 that I put 8,000 miles on the 1st year with no whine or chirp. Then I brought an HD and sold the RSV. Now I'm "whine" wishing I had kept the RSV.

I will most likly get a used RSV next, so I was wondering what the chances are of finding one with out the whine.:scratchchin:

I realize that I'm a little hard of hearing, but I've never heard any whine coming from this bike. The only noise that I hear that is different for me, is a clicking noise from the engine which reminds me of tappets clicking on my old Chevrolet, years ago. And I don't have loud pipes either. Must be the lucky one!