IGNORED

Weight change over the holidays? Mine did

Venturous Randy

From the Thursday a week before Thanksgiving until yesterday, I have lost 19 pounds. And, what is even better, before Thanksgiving I was taking 46 units of insulin and still having sugar level averages over 300 with an A1C reading of almost 12, with normal being about 6. I am now taking 18 units of insulin with morning readings of 90 to 115 and rarely getting up to 150 after a meal. I am now looking forward to my next A1C check, which is the long term test.

I am not on a diet, but have made a lifestyle change. I have always been a sweet-a-holic and through the holidays I have not eaten any of the deserts that people have brought to work. I am now simply eating smaller portion sizes and I am chewing my food real good. In the past I would take a big mouthful, do a few chews and wash it all down with a big swallow of milk or Coke. Now when I get up from the table, I feel content and do not feel stuffed. When I eat out, as soon as my food is brought to the table, I will ask for a to go box and either take half or more home or to work to eat later. It was even very easy to turn down the big slice of pecan pie with ice cream yesterday because I simply did not desire any.

I have also started doing some moderate exercises of deep knee bends, push ups and stomach crunches. I am also doing more walking.

I know the feeling. I have lost thirty pounds since just before Thanksgiving. The fact that I was sick and spent a week in the hospital just before Christmas has a little to do with it. I believe I will continue the trend and go for another thirty since the doctors found out what was wrong with me (pulmonary embolism) and now have it under control. It feels great to feel great after six months of short breath and chest pains.

:farmer: