IGNORED

Janis Joplin

Condor

I am a HUGE Janis Joplin fan. I believe she is the BEST Rock and Roll Blues singer that ever lived. I even spent megabux for a autographed album.

And not only that....one the trips I have planned this year is an Elvis (Graceland) to Janis Joplin ride (Port Arthur, TX -Museum of the Gulf Coast).

Her Mercedes Benz (psychodelic) is in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Ohio.

I am also heading out east and one of the largest collectors of Janis Memorobila lives in Knoxville, TN and has said I can stop by to see some of that stuff.

But besides all of that...She was a HELLUVA a singer and always put her heart and soul into her music.

If you like Cry Baby...you also need to Youtube and see "Maybe", "Try just a little bit harder", "Piece of my heart" and finally "Little Girl Blue".

Enjoy.

Wally

I have 2 DVD's with Janis material. The first is "900 Nights, Big Brother and the Holding Company with Janis Joplin" that covers the period prior to the departure of Janis. Lots of live video of jams, practices, studio work and shows. Then "Festival Express" which was a Canadian series of festivals Janice sang at, including videos of life on the train and impromtu jams with lots of other period musicians.

I have 2 DVD's with Janis material. The first is "900 Nights, Big Brother and the Holding Company with Janis Joplin" that covers the period prior to the departure of Janis. Lots of live video of jams, practices, studio work and shows. Then "Festival Express" which was a Canadian series of festivals Janice sang at, including videos of life on the train and impromtu jams with lots of other period musicians.

I've seen Festival Express on... I think.... the local PBS station. Great documentary.. :thumbsup2:

The only singer that I feel comes close to Joplin for grit is Melissa Etheridge. This cut used to be a stand alone on youtube, but now it's being marketed by Vivo... what ever that is?? Still plays, and great to listen to....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDpJRI7CocU]YouTube- Melissa Etheridge - I'm The Only One[/ame]

Grew up with Janis...Hendrix too.....Great musicians but they cut themselves down way too early in their lives. Look up Susan Tedeschi..she kinds of reminds me of Janis Joplin. Saw her perform here a few years ago and I was impressed. :smile5:

I agree about Susan Tedeschi. I've got two of her CDs. :thumbsup2: Another one that I like that is not so common is Beth Hart.

I agree about Susan Tedeschi. Saw her a few years back at Ontario place. She was warm up band for Allman brothers in which hubby Derek trucks played lead guitar along with Warren Hayes: Now that was some Jamming!!!

Someone turned me on to Susan Tedeschi in the late 90's and I got to see her open for...ready for this...Buddy Guy and B.B. King at the Iron City Ampetheater, Station Square in Pittsburgh on my birthday in 2000! I was going to see her, so BIG bonus getting BB and Buddy at the same show!! Always been a Janis fan too.