IGNORED

Red Wing Boots

juggler

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BluesLover

Thanks for the tip - I need to replace my curernt pair (find the HD boot is great unless it is really hot).

A couple have mentioned the "Pecos" style - can't find that on the Red Wing website. Can you point me in the right direction please.

Cheers,

Thanks for the tip - I need to replace my curernt pair (find the HD boot is great unless it is really hot).

A couple have mentioned the "Pecos" style - can't find that on the Red Wing website. Can you point me in the right direction please.

Cheers,

Here's one. I got mine from E-Bay. Just do a internet search for Red wing pecos.

http://www.bootconnection.com/brands/redwing/866.html

I too have the RW zippered boots . I find them extremely comfy , as I have bad hips and back . Being 30" inseam , the soles are the right thickness for me to be flat-footed while on the scoot . Also lightweight enough for me to do some longer walking without pain while the wife and I were in Gatlinburg . And ecspecially for meto take off and put on .

Gene

• 4 weeks later...

I've had a pair of over the ankle, lace ups for about 3 years or so and they are without a doubt, the best pair of boots I have ever had. Paid top dollar but bought them locally from the Red Wing dealer. They double fitted me to make sure that the width and length were a proper fit. Can't get that at Payless shoes, that's for sure. When it comes to shoes, I get the best.

Andy:cool10:

• 2 weeks later...

I have been looking for a good pair of boots too. What is the price of the zip up style? I have been usig my 30 + year old Viet Nam combat boots. They zip up too, but in front. Not all that comfortable, so I don't wear them unless I am going some distance.

I have been looking for a good pair of boots too. What is the price of the zip up style? I have been usig my 30 + year old Viet Nam combat boots. They zip up too, but in front. Not all that comfortable, so I don't wear them unless I am going some distance.

I got mine for about $120.

• 1 year later...
Guest tone100

Are the Red Wings on the internet the same as the ones in the stores? I noticed most of the stores like say made overseas. Aren't Red Wings made in the US? Also the guy at the Red Wing store told me Red Wing prohibits their boots being sold on the internet. If I'm going to spend this much I want to make sure that I'm not getting seconds. Here is a site I was looking at.

http://www.redwingmotorcycleboots.com/

Are the Red Wings on the internet the same as the ones in the stores? I noticed most of the stores like say made overseas. Aren't Red Wings made in the US? Also the guy at the Red Wing store told me Red Wing prohibits their boots being sold on the internet. If I'm going to spend this much I want to make sure that I'm not getting seconds. Here is a site I was looking at.

http://www.redwingmotorcycleboots.com/

As far as I knew Red Wing boots were made here in Red Wing, MN. They were even featured on John Ratzenberger's Made In America TV show. However after inspecting the inside of my Red Wing boots I see they are made in China.

http://www.redwingshoes.com/motorcycle/

http://travel.discovery.com/tv/ratzenberger-america/goods/red-wing-shoes.html

And they DO NOT sell via catalogs or on the internet. They only sell through local dealers. Some of those may sell online.

I just contacted Red Wing shoes via email.

I sent them this and I post again if they reply.

I was under the impression that your boot and shoes where an American Made product. I saw Red Wing Shoes featured on Made In America with John Ratzenberger and that even led me to believe that I was buying an American product. Being that I live in MN and visit Red Wing regularly I figured I was supporting local workers make a living.

However, my Red Wing motorcycle boots say that they are made in China on the inside tag. What's up with that?

So much for supporting local workers in my state or even American workers. I guess I will be finding another boot maker for the next riding season.

A disappointed customer,

Wil Genovese

It's unfortunate but Red Wing has probably gone the direction of just about every other US manufacturing company. However, there might be hope. With the US dollar value falling against the worlds exchange rates we might be looking to the US for better quality, cheaper goods again, and we'll start exporting instead of importing everything. I looked at those Red Wing boots when searching for a pair, but they didn't make them in my size. Ended up buying a similar type pair of EMT boots, with the side zipper, off Ebay. Found them very comfortable, and broke them in on the Ft. Collins trip.

Guest Ken8143

ARe the RedWings waterproof? I hate getting wet feet in the rain. Treated my current boots with stuff from Cabela's and it didn't make a difference.

I almost bought a pair of the zippered red wing boots. They are good looking boots, but if I walk all day my feet hurt with heavy boots and the red wings looked heavy. I bought a pair of Stealth II side zip boots and they are the most comfortable I have ever worn. They are the boots that most law enforcement officers wear. They are as comfortable as tennis shoes and only cost $69.69. I don't know where they are made but they have a 60 day warranty. I've never seen shoes or boots that give you any kind of warranty.

I wear Johnny Reb biker boots, made by the Thomas Cook Clothing Company here in Oz. Awesome boots. Paid $230 for them and worth every red cent. Don't know if they're available in the USA.

But - and responding to an earlier post in this thread - I love the fact that the $US is weakening internationally. My Au$$ie $ is buying 90 US cents. Best it's been for many years. Certainly makes buying my new Works rear shock very exciting.:):)