IGNORED

Is this the right location for questions?

Older...

Hello all,

I'm a new member here, but the wife and I have been lurking here for a while. I've Been owning and driving motorcycles since 1966, and the wife since 1992. The last one we owned that would be comparable to the Star Venture was our 1998 FLTRI Road Glide HD. I'm riding a 650 Suzuki thumper now. Never owned a Gold Wing or BMW full boat offering.

The wife drives a Kawasaki 750 Vulcan. We were quoted $16,000 out the door price for a 2008 Venture at Okeechobee, Fl. with no trade in. BMW and/or HD can't come close to that price for a total package tour bike. Should we buy? We're looking for comfort for two-up, prime concern.

We haven't driven one yet, but the room for two seems better than the other's offerings. Heft off the side stand was substantial...

Thanks ahead of time for the responses.

That's probably not too bad for an '08. I am going to be buying a new '07 for just under $15,000 out the door. The '07 models have a $500 dealer incentive on them so I am getting the bike for normal dealer cost and he is making his profit off the incentive. So an '08 would be $500 more plus and year to year price increase.

Good luck,

DT

The bike will seems like a bear at first. Slow speed handling can be worriesome to some riders. Many add levelling links which raises the rear marginally and substantially improves handling.

Tip I've learned her to get the bike off the side stand...turn your front wheel to the right while sitting on it and it comes up surprisingly easy!

Thats gotta be the best tip so far on that subject!

Some previous years have a whine that is a clutch noise that makes some crazy if you got a real whiner. Fixed with a differant clutch through warranty.

They are sure nice to ride on the highway with plenty of room for both of you. Get the check book out though...cause the chroming is about to begin!!:322:

Mama Yama ought to be paying us.

Buy it and you won't regret it.

Or look at some of the 1st Gens on E-Bay (83 to 93 Ventures) and get a GREAT and still get the family and save a bunch.

1st Gens are 83s to 93s and 2nd Gens are those other ones but you probally knew that if you've been hanging around for a while.

LET US KNOW!!! And got to have PICS!!!

Yammer Dan,

The check is in the mail. Thank you for your support!

We bought our 99RSV used, but it only had 4000 miles on it.

We now have 38,000. No problems with it at all. We wash it, change the oil, get new tires when needed, and buy new air for the tires. Other than that we have been trouble free.

Peggy

Older.

Welcome to the world of the Ventureriders. if you should have any questions at all, rest assured you shall get plenty of answers here. Most of them wont have anything to do with the topic you asked about, but they are answers. This is a like a family with that one kid that is just a "little off center" except that we are ALL a "whole lot off center".

I hope you do decide to buy the Venture. I have had one for 3 1/2 years and have really enjoyed it. We have only gotten to put 48K miles on it so far so it is not really broken in yet. The comfort and realibility is beyond anything I had ever hoped for. And the best part is getting to blow those limp running Harleys off the road.

Good luck and again welcome.