IGNORED

Big Bend Trip Pics

GuthDaddy17

Larry..Nice Pics and enjoyed the music to go with it. I am already wanting to go back....I am SERIOUSLY thinking about making this a Yearly Event..Any Thoughts? Would be nice for it to get bigger and bigger!

Guest tx2sturgis
...I am SERIOUSLY thinking about making this a Yearly Event..Any Thoughts? Would be nice for it to get bigger and bigger!

You want a 'Yearly Event'? think STURGIS!

:D

Guest tx2sturgis
I don't even go to the ROT rally, much less Sturgis. Nothing about thousands of Harley riders in one place sounds like fun....but thats just me.:think:

Didnt say you had to go during the rally. Lots of fine riding all over the Black Hills and its all there all year long...think 3 weeks before the rally!

:cool17:

I sure would be interested in a trip out there? Any thoughts on possible dates?

I have hiked and biked out there a number of times and always find the area fascinating.

The wife has missed all previous trips but seems eager to make one soon.

We sure would consider a trip out there!!

I will see if any interest in making this an annual 4 day Mini Rally..there is just too much too see and do on a weekend trip. Mid November is about the best time to visit,cool mornings,upper 40s, highs in upper 60s,low 70s. If you are interested in riding out there I do it several times thru out the year but as I say IF there is interest I will start work on a yearly meet. Brian Mentioned earlier about Sturgis before the Sturgis rally BUT its just too far for alot of our folks here in Texas where Big Bend can be done easily in a days ride. ALL comments WELCOME AND this would hopefully draw in a few of our Canadian friends that want one last ride before "Winterizing" Tom

Set it up Tom... I am going next time come H%*# or High Water....

Details will be worked out soon! I will try and set it up for a Friday,Saturday,Sunday and Monday...That way for those wanting to do the 4 days will have to most likely take off Friday and Monday..Thoughts on that?????

Details will be worked out soon! I will try and set it up for a Friday,Saturday,Sunday and Monday...That way for those wanting to do the 4 days will have to most likely take off Friday and Monday..Thoughts on that?????

That would be the best way to do it, take 2 days off and get 4 in return....I'm in again

:thumbsup2:

Guest tx2sturgis

Hey dont mind me...I'm a Sturgis-freak and yall know it...

I DO want to point out that planning a run to Big Bend in mid-November means that most anyone up here in my part of the world, and farther north, ( including Canada, eh?) cant really make definite plans. It can actually be snowing at these lattitudes in mid-November. While it may be 65 degrees in the park, it can be 25 degrees here.

As I write this today, it is snowing just 50 miles north of me, with possible rain/snow mix heading right for us... So the November time frame is iffy for us. Now if you combiined your ride with THIS ride, in mid-October, things are a bit warmer around here:

http://www.ridefortrails.com/index.html

I dont know the exact dates for 2010...but it should be easy to find out.

By the way, if you google Big Bend Rally, you will land on a rally in KANSAS...I mean...do they have no shame??

:shock3:

Hey dont mind me...I'm a Sturgis-freak and yall know it...

I DO want to point out that planning a run to Big Bend in mid-November means that most anyone up here in my part of the world, and farther north, ( including Canada, eh?) cant really make definite plans. It can actually be snowing at these lattitudes in mid-November. While it may be 65 degrees in the park, it can be 25 degrees here.

As I write this today, it is snowing just 50 miles north of me, with possible rain/snow mix heading right for us... So the November time frame is iffy for us. Now if you combiined your ride with THIS ride, in mid-October, things are a bit warmer around here:

http://www.ridefortrails.com/index.html

I dont know the exact dates for 2010...but it should be easy to find out.

By the way, if you google Big Bend Rally, you will land on a rally in KANSAS...I mean...do they have no shame??

:shock3:

OK Brian I will look at all dates ..would really like to see ya at one of them! Tom

I will see if any interest in making this an annual 4 day Mini Rally..there is just too much too see and do on a weekend trip. Mid November is about the best time to visit,cool mornings,upper 40s, highs in upper 60s,low 70s. If you are interested in riding out there I do it several times thru out the year but as I say IF there is interest I will start work on a yearly meet. Brian Mentioned earlier about Sturgis before the Sturgis rally BUT its just too far for alot of our folks here in Texas where Big Bend can be done easily in a days ride. ALL comments WELCOME AND this would hopefully draw in a few of our Canadian friends that want one last ride before "Winterizing" Tom

Ohhh, our youngest will be off to college and we will be free birds....

I agree with at least 4 days. There is a lot to see and do.

Really a cool place.

Thanks for your efforts Tom, I for one will be watching and planning.

• 2 weeks later...