IGNORED

need help converting LED

Crash

I can't seem to find how to convert a LED light bar to become a RUN and BRAKE light. I thought thee was a simple wire connection that you connected to the running lights and brake lights. Anyone know what I'm talking about. BTW, this is for my SUV.:confused24:

I can't seem to find how to convert a LED light bar to become a RUN and BRAKE light. I thought thee was a simple wire connection that you connected to the running lights and brake lights. Anyone know what I'm talking about. BTW, this is for my SUV.:confused24:

Freebird had a write-up on this several years ago. I used it on my LED Pilot light bar. It involved wiring in a resistor and diode or two to get the run/brake combo. Im sure he will chime in here.

It is not hard to do.

The nice thing is that if you put the diodes in backwards nothing bad will happen. Actually it is just that, nothing at all will happen. The resistor does not care which way it is installed.

It is pretty easy, not dangerous to you, the bike or your budget, and less than $5 in parts. Go for it and we will help you through it.