IGNORED

Candian Rallies

Freebird

I have been in contact with Yamaha Canada regarding their support for any future rallies in Canada. I got a very nice response back from the events coordinator for Yamaha Motors Canada. He said that his team reported back that they were well received at our rally in Kitchener two years ago and says:

"Yamaha appreciates your patronage and loyalty and we try to keep abreast of what the different clubs are up. I would appreciate knowing what your plans are for 2010. We can't guarantee anything at this time, as budgets and plans are constantly moving target and won't be finalized till later, but it is always good to know what's happening and if we can attend one of your function, we would be pleased to contact you and make arrangements."

So....please let me know of any plans for a significant rally in Canada. I know that there was talk of another "Kruisin' the Kootneys" rally. Is that one confirmed yet?

I want to say that I sincerely appreciate the fact that Yamaha Canada supported us at the Kitchener rally with caps, t-shirts, etc.

--- "Yamaha appreciates your patronage and loyalty and we try to keep abreast of what the different clubs are up. I would appreciate knowing what your plans are for 2010. We can't guarantee anything at this time, as budgets and plans are constantly moving target and won't be finalized till later, but it is always good to know what's happening and if we can attend one of your function, we would be pleased to contact you and make arrangements."

Don - Great stuff. I suspect you are way ahead on this, but I can't imagine many other "clubs" with as many members (including Canadian members and Yamaha owners) as we have. When I recently reviewed the Ontario member list, for example, I was amazed at its length. I hope they realize that the potential benefit to them through posts on the forum could be many times greater than just the benefits of attending a specific "function". I think Yamaha Canada would be foolish not to try to do something.

When I recently reviewed the Ontario member list, for example, I was amazed at its length.

Mr. Owl always thinks we are counting 3 members to every one in Ontario But we all know he has a hard time Counting.

We can thank Reiny for getting Yamaha to the Kitchener Ralley.

Brad

hi Don

Thanks for talking to Yamaha for us, we are booked again at the New Grand hotel in Nelson BC for the 2nd annual Kruisn the Kootenays rally July 1-3 2009. Last year the Yamaha dealer really stepped up and helped out donating about 15 shirts, hats, and other assorted stuff. He also gave us a tent to break the sun and to advertise him on the hotel parking lot, plus he supplied treats and drinks at the final stop of the scavenger hunt.

But anything that Yamaha Canada will do would be greatly appreciated by all of us. Please feel free to give them my phone if they need a contact.

Brian

We will be there. Just trying to get the boss to decide what day she wants to go up on. I think she wants to go a couple days early to get in some golf.

I am looking forward to seeing all you guys and having some fun out in Nelson area again. I love the roads out there going thru the valleys. Let me know if you need something If you want to book at the New Grand ask them for the Venture rate. (i guess the owner goes by types of bikes) they will hold 30 rooms until May for us after that everyone is on their own.

Brian

Edited by friesman

Canada in July! Will there be SNOW??:think:

:rotfl:

Hey Dan theres no snow here now,never mind next summer! heheh i was out riding last night and am headed back out tonight for a quick scoot.... last summer it was around 95f the days we were there. just getting nice and comfortable for you guys from the south.....lol!

Brian

I rode down to Port Dover Ontario for the Friday the 13th event. Around 11:30 am the bikes were backed up (stop & go) for about 10 miles.

No snow in sight.

Hey didja try to keep crazy lou D' Almeida in line? lol ....... Yeah i know theres thousands of bikes there but everyone knows who Lou is.....

Brian

I'm going to try to make it this time, but with family stuff some times it gets hard.

I want to see if I can find this road again. If it takes me a couple of days of floating around that area.....Oh darn!:canada:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3MslqWo3LE]YouTube- hyway 6[/ame]

Hey didja try to keep crazy lou D' Almeida in line? lol ....... Yeah i know theres thousands of bikes there but everyone knows who Lou is.....

Brian

i rode to port dover too. turned out to be a beautiful day. hey Friesman1, guess what? i did bump into Lou there, and had a brief chat with him. the place was like a mad house. hardly any room to walk around, but was worth it. didn't meet any other members. took a long time to get home. the traffic was stop and go most of the way, as Greener mentioned.

abdul.:banana:

I'm going to try to make it this time, but with family stuff some times it gets hard.

I want to see if I can find this road again. If it takes me a couple of days of floating around that area.....Oh darn!:canada:

That road looks pretty tame Scotty, we'll have to take you down to Arkansas for the "Jasper Disaster" or the "I turned the wrong way on 121" roads. Heck, even the road south out of the Hub was a lot better than that!:stickpoke:

Pretty scenery, tho!