IGNORED

Am I the Only one?

Chaharly

Personally, I prefer the 1st gen ventures because im more into the full dress touring style of the honda, over that of the harley. My next bike probably will be a second-gen venture(i love this motor). But in my opinion, i just like the 1st gens the best.

:thumbsup:

Wow, way to.......:stickpoke: :rotf:

I love my '86 VR, I am not in love with the "Harley Look" of the Gen 2, but a lot of my friends have the newer bike and love them. I have ridden one and it rides nice, a lot like my older version.

I just prefer the look of the VR, and still hold out hope that Yamaha will decide they have done the Harley thing long enough, and bring out a true competitor to the Gold Wing and the new Voyager or the BMW LT. At this point, the LT is probably going to be the next bike I buy when I can't keep my VR dependable.

Edited by dynodon

I really like the 2ndGen styling, and they're a great bike. I also like the 1stGen for three reasons. Handling, fun factor, and.... they're all I can afford. Would I like to own a 2ndGen? You bet, if I had the extra bucks to buy one. Maybe some day before I ride off into the sunset, I'll be able to pick up a Two for what I now pay for a One. Until then.... I'm content.... :thumbsup2:

I really like the 2ndGen styling, and they're a great bike. I also like the 1stGen for three reasons. Handling, fun factor, and.... they're all I can afford. Would I like to own a 2ndGen? You bet, if I had the extra bucks to buy one. Maybe some day before I ride off into the sunset, I'll be able to pick up a Two for what I now pay for a One. Until then.... I'm content.... :thumbsup2:

Im sure you can afford one how many 1st Gens do you Have? :banana:

Im sure you can afford one how many 1st Gens do you Have? :banana:

I've bought 7 1stGen VR's, and I currently own six, I'm in all of them a total of $3100 bucks. Less than half of what just one 99RSV... in decent condition.... would bring on the used market. :mo money:

I have had several of both gens and I have to say that the G2 fits me the best. It's a LOT more comfortable for myself and my passenger. Lonna hates the 1st gen now after being on a G2 for so long, lots more room for her in the back.

I know a lot of you fellas say the 1st gen is faster, and I have to say...so what? I can still pump it out on a G2 and lets face it, these are touring bikes, we aren't spring chickens anymore :whistling: I can still go way fast enough on a G2 to kill myself quick! My knees dont tolerate the foot position of the 1st gen for long distance anymore, and for the major part that why I like the G2 better, it's like riding a sofa. :)

I have had several of both gens and I have to say that the G2 fits me the best. It's a LOT more comfortable for myself and my passenger. Lonna hates the 1st gen now after being on a G2 for so long, lots more room for her in the back.

The exact reason above is why I'm on my 2nd gen more than my wing

I know a lot of you fellas say the 1st gen is faster, and I have to say...so what? I can still pump it out on a G2 and lets face it, these are touring bikes, we aren't spring chickens anymore :whistling: I ...

If I wanted something zippier, I would be on a different style of bike... The performance of the 2nd Gen is fine with me for the way I like to ride. I greatly enjoy the comfort without being cramped up in the knees and such.

we aren't spring chickens anymore :whistling:

Some of us might not be :stirthepot:

Edited by LilBeaver
HTML Format issues... Likely due to O.E.(= Operator Error)

My knees dont tolerate the foot position of the 1st gen for long distance anymore,.............

......still better than a certain HD I know of....BTW, ya better check the oil before ya start her again. I don't see how she could have much left.

http://api.ning.com/files/R6-Xyh5tpV6Qk0bvRt3wSyOqs-mPJ8Y4UnB4olaoZ1mHmrRt6BuV-Q4R6FK9IKMTvSlgfx8hzBPAPeUHwopFQYxOoSRIkpqR/CachorroMutley_0001.jpg

Well I must say Chaharly, that you are NOT alone.

I have ridden the 2nd Gen (99) and I enjoyed the ride, handling, footboards and "gadgets" HOWEVER to me it's not really so much a "touring" bike as it is a "cruiser" that's loaded. A touring bike to me is one that has a fairing mounted to the frame vice the forks. I've always been a bit of a Yamaha fan never really been a Honda fan so the 1st Gen is by default the bike for me.

If I was offered $20K tomorrow for the purchase of a bike......I would seek out the most recent (92/93), lowest mileage, best shape Gen 1 I could find and invest the remainder in parts so it could remain rideable indefinitly.

No Chaharly yer not alone