IGNORED

New VMAX in action!

ddoggma

Its in french, I think. But you can skip ahead to 3:30 or so to see it on the road and eating crotch rovkets at the track. Test rider guy, looks to be clueless about exiting corners on a bike with this kind of power.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LAiUtcJ280]YouTube- ESSAI YAM 1700 VMAX: 200 CHEVAUX POUR FAIRE FUMER LE PNEU ARRIERE[/ame]

Interesting. Et en français en plus!

One little downside they mentioned is fuel consumption. In US gallons, it's 21 mpg when riding "normally", and 17 mpg when riding "aggressively".

Let's hope a detuned version in the future Venture will get significantly better gas mileage.

One little downside they mentioned is fuel consumption. In US gallons, it's 21 mpg when riding "normally", and 17 mpg when riding "aggressively".

Hate to say it but if that is in fact true, they wont be selling many Vmax's. If you have to stop and fuel up every 100 miles will kill that bike for LOTS of buyers.

Interesting. Et en français en plus!

Let's hope a detuned version in the future Venture will get significantly better gas mileage.

The Mileage is about right. You can get mid or high 30's when you stay under 2.8k. fystein did the extraterestrial Highway this Year and cam through with a half gallon left in the Tank after 160 mls or so. But it's not funny riding it this Way. The Mapping is on the rich Side to say it at least. YOu can correct this with an Cat Eliminator or a Powercommander, or even both. But let's face it, there are nearly 1.7 Liter to fill ...

I mounted a bigger Aftermarket Tank and I'm happy with the 20.5 Liters it carries. The biggest Tank is nearly 25 Liters now. I know that, because I'm talking a Lot with the Guy who does those Tanks.

Came close to high siding it once, and got out of it quite a few more times when he broke it loose. Not a very good example of V-Max handling.....

The Bike handles great, the Rider is overdoing it and he's got enough Respekt to not doing even more stupid Things. I've had some Opportunities to make Sport Bike Riders cry in the Black Forrest. Getting out of any Curve while leaving black Marks on the Tarmac is not a hard Task, you twist your right Hand and it will come...

Hate to say it but if that is in fact true, they wont be selling many Vmax's. If you have to stop and fuel up every 100 miles will kill that bike for LOTS of buyers.

Even my big old '99 Chrysler LHS 3.5L V6 gets way better mileage than that.

I guess you don't spend $20k on a bike like that AND expect good fuel mileage. I would still love to have one. I mean heck - it's wicked fast cool! :mo money::mo money::mo money: