IGNORED

Said "Goodbye" to 86'VR and 86'V65 MAGNA Today!

skydoc_17

As most of you know, I have been Laid Off from Lockheed/Martin for the last 11 plus months and I have been working on bikes to keep my head above water. Well, I took my first big gulp of H2O this afternoon when I watched my 86'VR go home with it's new owner and my pride and joy, my 86' V65 Magna being trailered off. What with regular bills, Taxes, and now heating oil, i sorta' got backed into a corner. I am pretty much blowing out prices on items I have from my shop that I kept in stock to service the many members that have come to "My little shop by the creek"

I have First and Second Gen. R1 Caliper Swap kits in the classifieds as well as First Gen. Stock calipers for sale. All have been rebuilt and can be shipped with or without pads. It looks like it is going to be a long winter here in Pa. and if any of my ads interest you, please let me know.

http://www.venturerider.org/classifieds/showproduct.php/product/2445/cat/500

http://www.venturerider.org/classifieds/showproduct.php/product/2446/cat/500

http://www.venturerider.org/classifieds/showproduct.php/product/2443/cat/500

http://www.venturerider.org/classifieds/showproduct.php/product/2330/cat/500

http://www.venturerider.org/classifieds/showproduct.php/product/2333/cat/500

To all of the VR.ORG members that have given me the privilege to work on your bikes I am grateful, as is my family. Without knowing it, you have fed my family and kept the lights on! I have attached a pic of each of the two bikes that are now gone. My Stable is looking pretty "thin" these days.

Thanks for all that you have done,

Earl

Earl-

I am going to need the following items this winter:

2) Lower front S/S lines for my R-1 calipers

1) Rear S/S line for my R-1 caliper. (45 degree on front at cylinder)

1) Set of S/S screws for carb covers

1) Set of diaphragms

2) Front rotors - stock or otherwise.

Give me a shout or a PM if any of this hits your list. I was going to purchase new items, but if you want to sell off some of your parts I would just as soon deal with you.

JB

Hey Earl, I'm so sorry to hear about the sale of the bikes. At least you still have the gray VR' right? As a honda V4 owner i know how hard it was to sell that Magna. but a family has to eat and you can only ride one bike....at a time anyway.

Hopefully something will come along very soon. We're all think about you guys and wishing you all the best. Henri says Hi. Phil.

I had no idea, Earl. You were great help when I was fixing my passing lights and needing that pesky hollow bolt. The ones you made worked terrific. Rode my bike to our Church's annual trunk or treat celebration with kids with saddlebags full of candy and your little drill press work made that possible. Was a big hit - lots of smiles

I am sending you a little somethin somethin by paypal. Not much but you know, those of us who can should help one another. Maybe a few others would kick in too. VR's rock.

Keep the faith. Lots of aircraft folks here in Wichita stuggling.:mytruck1:

Mike Gardner

I'll be ordering a rear caliper for my 88. Over the weekend I think. Work has been slow for me too. But, I need to rebuild mine cause it grabs. And I have pads in the mail, right now. So instead of buying the kits and doing the work. I'm gonna get one from you.and send you my old one. Also, your like 4 hours away from me, so I'll be looking to stop in on your shop one weekend next spring. Get a carb tune, say hello etc. :080402gudl_prv:

Earl,

I'm sorry to hear you came to that, but while it may seem hard to see right now, life usually brings us to these points for a reason. Often it makes things better than before once we can see past the alligator biting our butts, and remember that we were originally supposed to drain the swamp.

If I can think of anything I can use, I will get in touch with you again on that. BTW, can you machine small parts? I need the retaining nut for a Ventureline backrest. It is hex-headed, and....ah, heck. I can send you a pic if you think you might be able. You can charge me whatever you need to as I am in dire need. In fact, if you can do it, I will take 3 of them so as to cover my own backside (and my klutziness!).

Please send me your regular email address, as I haven't figured out how to attach stuff here as yet.

Best wishes for better days in the near future,

POLEDAR:fingers-crossed-emo

aka Bill Darling

Sorry your having to part with you rides, I know its a hard thing to do, but hopefully you still have one in your stable.

Now about parts, do happen to have a rear master brake resv, and a right front caliper for an 83, mine is acting up, not sure if its the caliper or the resv. I am tired of messing with it, so might just replace both.