IGNORED

New name for yamaha

ediddy

I thought I had heard all the names for yamaha but this weekend I learned a new one. I went in Rossmeyer Harley Davidson while at biketoberfest in Daytona to look at the new ultra classics. A salesman was sitting on a bike and I guess was too lazy to get up. I was looking at the ultra but it didn't have a price. I asked the salesman what the price was and he didn't know but pulled a card out of his shirt pocket. The only thing I saw on the card was a bunch of numbers. He looked at the card for awhile and said $24,000. I asked, how much over msrp is that? He said, oh about a thousand dollars. Then he asked, do you have a bike now? I told him I have a yamaha venture. He said, hey you want to get off that yum yum today and get a harley. Normally I would get angry but for some reason that was funny.

I thought I had heard all the names for yamaha but this weekend I learned a new one. I went in Rossmeyer Harley Davidson while at biketoberfest in Daytona to look at the new ultra classics. A salesman was sitting on a bike and I guess was too lazy to get up. I was looking at the ultra but it didn't have a price. I asked the salesman what the price was and he didn't know but pulled a card out of his shirt pocket. The only thing I saw on the card was a bunch of numbers. He looked at the card for awhile and said $24,000. I asked, how much over msrp is that? He said, oh about a thousand dollars. Then he asked, do you have a bike now? I told him I have a yamaha venture. He said, hey you want to get off that yum yum today and get a harley. Normally I would get angry but for some reason that was funny.

I'm usually angry anytime that I have to have anything to do with a salesman. :D That comes from having to work around them for almost 30 years. :bang head:

But now I think I have a new nickname for my Venture... :crackup:

That gives me an idea for another thread... :stirthepot:

I was walking through with a friend, and the salemans asked if he could help me, I told him no was not interested in a Harley, He said I needed to ride one, I told I have ridden several and did not like the way a harley rides, runs or sounds and was not interrested in buying one I was with friends who were looking.

You would think that was enough for him to leave me alone right, wrong, He then wanted to know what I disliked so much, I told him the handlebars shaking a the red light, the bikes feel clumsey to me, and the ride was just uncomfortable. I just perfer Metric bikes.

Then he asked what it would take to get me on a harley, I said four things.

1. you give it to Me free

2. service it for free.

3. Pay Me by the mile to ride it.

4. give me a tee shirt that says "I am rideing this Harley because they pay me to.

Then I will ride one.

He said I guess you will continue to ride a Yamaha then.

I laughed and said guess so, He laughed too, and said you know I get paid to try to sell you a Harley.

Gregg