IGNORED

What Gives?

sleepcheater

Pardon my ignorance, but I have pictures on the forum of my Venture Royale not that it matters but I'm wondering.

I have the bike up for sale cause it is too big for me (short at one end).

The highest offer iv'e got for this bike so far is $1800.00 I'm in Alberta.

Is there something wrong with me cause I feel I will burn it and watch the flames and savor the heat before I let it go for that. The bike is perfect.

Am I being unrealistic about price are these bikes worth nothing?

She's an 85 but I have seen smaller bikes go for a lot more.

Can someone clue me in please, I'm really not an advanced bike guy

Thanks,good on ya and Cheers

say sleepcheater, you posted about your bike for sale in a GPS talk about thread. i am confused. any way, to address your post, right now is a buyer's market and a lot of folks are watching everything, so low offers should not surprise you. you can part out you bike & make more money, but don't feel slighed on the offers. they are just that - offers. it's business. unemployment is getting higher & we all are on the lookout to safe guard the budget. please don't take offense.

I moved the thread for you. Then I looked in the classifieds and do not see your bike listed there. Where are you trying to sell it? You might try adding it to the classifieds because that is where most people here would look if they were in the market for a first gen.

I'm sure that you bike is nice but the '83 - mid '85 models are known to need second gear repair at some point. Not an easy job for most people and a very expensive job if a person does not have the mechanical ability to do it. I would need more details on your bike but if it is an early '85 and the second gear problem has not already been addressed, that could be part of the problem. Otherwise, it is true that it is just not a great time to sell a bike. With winter upon us and many people worried about their finances.

I echo those responses. This isn't a good time to sell regardless of the economy. People in the northern half of the US and Canada would only be buying to put the bike up for a few months. There's no 'bug' to get a bike. Prices always go up in the spring when people start thinking about riding again. Hopefully we'll all be better off financially in 6 months as well.

Not to say this is what it is worth. Just to give you a idea of other Venture sales. I put my 83 standard with the 2nd gear fix for sale in my front yard last year for $2,500. It was out there for no more than 3 hours. This was in the spring mind you. So hang in there and if nothing else wait till spring.:D

Hey Emery,

Last December, I bought this 1986 VR for only $800.00 The person that sold it was trying to get some money together and was desperate. (I have attached a pic below) The point I am trying to make is if you can wait till spring, you will see more offers and better prices. From now till Feb. is the time of the year when people like me shop around for people who absolutely NEED to get rid of their bikes, offer them a very small amount and may have to do it 2 or 3 times before finding someone who needs the money so badly they have no choice. I sold that 86'VR in late May for $3800.00 with some work done to it. If you can afford it, hold on to it till spring.

Earl