IGNORED

Introduction

dug050

Hi everyone, glad to be here,this looks like a great site. I have been riding for over 40 years (showing my age) and have pretty much done it all...street, motocross, trials and ice racing. Now I just ride for enjoyment. The mind would still like to compete but the body refuses.

I recently purchased a 1996 Royal Star in excellent condition with 40,000 km. The only thing I changed was made a taller windshield to stop helmet buffetting and replaced the leather saddlebags with a set of leatherlyke bags I got off Kijiji. I like to keep my bikes basic which was the appeal of the RS. Will probably add a tach at some time but that's about it.

I have also owned an '85 Venture Royale that I sold a few bikes ago. Great bike but I can only afford one at a time and there are so many bikes and so little time. I plan on keeping the RS for quite awhile.

I am quite frugal (some would say cheap) and like to tinker so a lot of the things on my bike are homemade or adapted from other parts.

I look forward to participating on this forum and meeting many of the members in writing or in-person.

Doug

Good to hear from you. There are quite a few active members in this area that participate in a number of meat and eats and other rides throughout the season. Like you, I have been riding for many years (almost 46 in my case) and just bought an 88VR this year which I am liking very much. You will see quite a bit of comments from members about 1st vs 2nd generation Ventures, and you are well positioned having owned both to set some of us straight. I am just down the road in Toronto and I look forward to meeting you.

Welcome to the family. Well since you like to make parts you'll love some of the stuff some of the other guys make. They'll give you plenty of ideas. Of course then you'll be busy making stuff too.

Well enjoy your bike and get to some meets you won't regret it.

Margaret

Hi everyone, glad to be here,this looks like a great site. I have been riding for over 40 years (showing my age) and have pretty much done it all...street, motocross, trials and ice racing. Now I just ride for enjoyment. The mind would still like to compete but the body refuses.

I recently purchased a 1996 Royal Star in excellent condition with 40,000 km. The only thing I changed was made a taller windshield to stop helmet buffetting and replaced the leather saddlebags with a set of leatherlyke bags I got off Kijiji. I like to keep my bikes basic which was the appeal of the RS. Will probably add a tach at some time but that's about it.

I have also owned an '85 Venture Royale that I sold a few bikes ago. Great bike but I can only afford one at a time and there are so many bikes and so little time. I plan on keeping the RS for quite awhile.

I am quite frugal (some would say cheap) and like to tinker so a lot of the things on my bike are homemade or adapted from other parts.

I look forward to participating on this forum and meeting many of the members in writing or in-person.

Doug

Hey Doug!!!

Glad to see that you made it here. Now we'll have to get you lined up for maintenance day over at Freebird's Memorial Day weekend. Freebird is over in Ohio. You'll see, learn, and eat lots!!! I've seen pics of your bike, it's sweet! Keep an eye on the meet and eats posted over the winter, I'll buy your dessert!

randy:hihi:

Congratulations on joining the best m/c website and group around. Nothing but love and admiration here for our members. Great looking Star you have, you will fit right in with all the other talented people we have. If it needs to be done, someone here can do it, it they think it can be done, they will die tryiing.........But be warned this place is as addictive as chocolate, so dont be surprised when you find yourself on the site for hours at a time, and cant pull yourself away from it. Be sure to get out to a meet & eat near you, or make a rally and meet some of the greatest people, and put faces with names, I have been a member since 2004, when the group was very, very small. It just keeps getting better and better.:banana::banana:

:clap2:Again, Welcome to VR.:clap2:

Hello Doug and welcome to the site.

Like Evan's earlier post, their are a number of us close by.

Next weekend Sat Oct 17th there is a Western New York Fall Colour Ride if the weather permits. There is a posting about this ride. I havn't heard, but I'm sure there will be a few heading down from around here. My wife and I will be going down for this ride. In case you don't know, there is no fee or charges for joining any of these rides or meet and eats, other than what you may want to eat. I know some bike organizations have a small charge to raise money. So now there is no excuses. We we see you out at one of our gatherings soon.

Dave

Hey Doug!!!

Glad to see that you made it here. Now we'll have to get you lined up for maintenance day over at Freebird's Memorial Day weekend. Freebird is over in Ohio. You'll see, learn, and eat lots!!! I've seen pics of your bike, it's sweet! Keep an eye on the meet and eats posted over the winter, I'll buy your dessert!

randy:hihi:

Maintenance Day this coming year is on June 19th not memorial day weekend. Don't want him showing up when nobody is there.

Ok back to the welcomes

Margaret