IGNORED

Rear foot rest interchange 88 to 83

I have those passenger floor boards on mine. The navigator really likes them. BongoBob helped me with the hangers for the exhaust. Just a piece of aluminum bent in a vise and two holes drilled. I got chrome socket head screws from the stealer to bolt them on and it looks great.

I put a lot of miles on it and eventually one of the aluminum brackets broke so I remade them using stainless steel.

Wayne

I bought a set of passenger floorboards for a 2007 G/W, from a trike conversion shop, fitted them to my 83, just had to drill some new holes to mount them to existing mounting plate for rear passenger pegs and some longer bolts, and look good and wife loved them when she was till riding...........

Edited by DragonRider

Sorry this has nothing to do with the floor boards. I'm new to all this fourm stuff and this site seams to be a cool place to meet people and find out info about our bikes. I just don't know how to start a thread. I can reply but not sure what to click on to start a thread. can anyone help. Also while I'm here I just got an 89 VR, Is it a good idea to get a beefed up fork brace to improve the bikes handling? and is $60.00 a good price for one?

Thanks

BP:guitarist 2:

In every forum there is a button that says "New Thread" clik on that button and you are set to go.............:thumbsup2:

newthread.gif

Welcome and dont forget..........we need pics...............

Sorry this has nothing to do with the floor boards. I'm new to all this fourm stuff and this site seams to be a cool place to meet people and find out info about our bikes. I just don't know how to start a thread. I can reply but not sure what to click on to start a thread. can anyone help. Also while I'm here I just got an 89 VR, Is it a good idea to get a beefed up fork brace to improve the bikes handling? and is $60.00 a good price for one?

Thanks

Thanks

Yes it is. not the steal of the century, but a good price none the less. It, along with a few other fixes and mod's definately help out the notorious wobble syndrome...