IGNORED

Vendor troubles

fixit3546

A few months back i ordered some parts from bikebandit.com no problems. one part was back-ordered but it is a 24 year old bike so no problems. I got it later.

Next i ordered three helments. One for me and the wife' and a shortie for me for PGR (slow events) missions.

Well the stuff came in and the shortie has krinkled and peeling clear coat.

And i got a set of tires that belong to someone else.

I finally got someone to e-mail me back after not finding a phone no.

Their response so far is ...

1. To be confused as to my problem (me or them one)
  2. It seems as they only answer e-mails when it suits them.
  3. They sent me a phone number that gives the message that my est. hold time will be 5 minutes at times and at other times it says 11 minutes after about 30 minutes you get a message to leave a message.
  4. Today, i dont get that message, i get a message saying that no one is available leave a message and some one will get right back to me. I have left my number 3 times since this morning. no one has called back.
  5. I have not been able to get anyone to connect when i try to use the on line customer service chat. (I must have pissed them off, huh?)
  6. I did look up the person in Va. that ordered the tires and he has chated with cust. service and they are sending him a new shippment.
  7. Meanwhile, they e-mailed me a set of Fed-Ex lables. one to forward the tires to the rightful owner and one to return the damaged helment. No contact since then. I have not shipped anything yet, fedex wants me to set up an account with them before they will set up a pick-up (thats odd) I'm not doing that.
  8. I cant contact anyone to let them know i need a pick up scheduled.

I think I keep the helment and put a sticker over the bad paint. I can sell the tires for enough to cover the cost of the halment.

I think i'm through with bikebandit.com:225:

Thats a drag, I haven't purchased anything from Bike Bandit, but I would surely keep the pressure on them and explain your a member here with 3000+ potential buyers.

Too bad that some places drop the ball and seem to really not care :confused24:

I'm on top of that.....I just sent them an angry (but nice) :innocent-emoticon:e-mail

This is the automated response i got from them this afternoon after i sent them a message. The message is the only option i had because the "Live chat" was down. it hasen't worked since all this has been going on.

I may let the AMA know; but i will give them a chance (another one) to reply.

Funny thing is that they seem to not want to assist me; but the guy in Va. that was suppose to get the tires has had no problen contacting them and they are reshipping his order. And they sent me a label to send these to him as well ???

I threatened to sell the tires; but i want everyone here to know i will return them as soon as they schedule a pick up for me....

"BikeBandit.com Customer Care" Save Address

To: "james pettis"

Subject: BikeBandit.com Customer Service Acknowledge: When you were offline (via LivePerson) (Ticket# LTK9701477648X)

Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 22:27:33 +0000 [View Source]

******THIS IS AN AUTOMATED RESPONSE - DO NOT REPLY******

Thanks for contacting BikeBandit.com – The Web’s Largest Powersports Store

A ticket has been generated to help track your inquiry. Please use this ticket

number in all future communications. Your ticket number is: LTK9701477648X

There is no need to send another email. Please wait for our response.

BikeBandit.com strives to provide the best customer support possible. We can

best serve you though our LiveChat service is available:

M-Th 5:30 AM - 8:00 PM

Fri 5:30 AM - 6:00 PM

Sat-Sun 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Pacific Time.

Click on the link below or paste it into your browser to connect with a live

BikeBandit.com Customer Care representative.

http://server.iad.liveperson.net/hc/?cmd=file&file=visitorWantsToChat&site=42100

874&SESSIONVAR!Ticket=LTK9701477648X

If you decide not to use our LiveChat service, our email support agents will

respond to your email as quickly as possible. Most emails are answered within 1

business day.

Thanks again for contacting us, we look forward to serving you.

BikeBandit.com Customer Service

BikeBandit.com -- Open It Up!

http://www.BikeBandit.com/

=======

Subject: When you were offline (via LivePerson)

[Which category best describes how we may help you?] Help returning an item

Your customer service sux!!!

I still havent recieved a return e-mail from phylis.

no one answeres the pjone or returns calls.

the fedex lables are not going to work because i dont have an account with fedex

and i cant set up a pickup. I don't want a fedex account.

I have already reported the CUSTOMER SERVICE i am recieving here to

venturerider.org, a group with more than 3000 members. do you want me to let

them know that this is a good company to do business with or do you want me to

tell them of continued poor customer service??? No i am not impressed.

especially when this could be cleared up with very little effort on your part.

I still have the tires that were shipped to me, you know, the ones that belong

to someone else. i think i can sell them and recover my loss. what do you

think???

The above message was sent when you were offline, via your Timpani site.

Message sent from IP: 209.214.148.23

Guest Vermincelli

With the way their response to you has been over this, I really wouldn't be surprised that the "replacement" tires they are supposedly shipping the other guy are actually the ones you are supposed to ship him.

Be interesting to see if he actually gets a 2nd set from them if you don't ship those.

Nothing today, So i shot off another e-mail.

(Your ticket number is: LTK9701477648X)

Phyllis

I have tried to contact bike bandit several times in the last couple of days to no avail.

(Timmothy was able to talk to someone why can't I??)

They will not return my calls and yes they (my calls) are starting to get angry.

I got an automated reply to a instant message in my e-mail yesterday but no contact today?

I havent heard back from you either in response to my previous e-mail explaning my trouble. ??

I have left my Phone number and my e-mail addy.

I have the shipping lables but nowhere to drop the package and i don't have a fedex account and i'm not setting one up. (fedex was your idea, not mine) you can set up the pick up; but coordinte it with me, they will be at a different location.

I still have the tires and the defective helment, and will have them untill i am contacted by a bike bandit CUSTOMER SERVICE rep.

To bring you up to date.

My wife has decided to keep the small helment. (you dont know that because no one will return contact)

The Shortie helment is the one that is defective. not the small full face helment.

The tires i recieved that were suppose to go to someone in Va. are still here because of the fedex problem.

I have spoken with the man in Va. about the tires and found out that i am not the only one disappointed with the service here. And it seems as though he can talk to someone there ???

All this can be cleared up easly if some one at bike bandit will just talk to me..............E-mail will work.

BTW, I have posted my trouble with bikebandit.com on the venturerider.org web site. We are an organisation of 3000+ members. they are anxiously awaiting the outcome of this.

Again, I said 3000+ bikers know of the trouble I am having with Bikebandit.

The problem is purely a communication problem at this point and can still be cleared up with very little effort.

I will post the outcome of this transaction. and i will be fair to both you and myself. Good or bad.

Ma'am, the ball is in your court.........

Thank you: Sincerely James Pettis.

----- Original Message -----

To: James Pettis

Sent: Thursday, September 20, 2007 8:34 AM

Subject: RE: your bike bandit order

Hello James

Thanks for getting back to me so quick J lets talk about the helmet first …I am glad the smell is going away, And I am very sorry it was damaged. Unfortunately for us to me able to place a re-order it has to be for the exact same item in the order . So we could only place a re-order for a small helmet and you stated you needed a medium. But since it is damaged I will attach a pre-paid label to this e-mail to get the helmet back to us . You will need to place an order for the medium helmet and you can do that at any time . Once we get the return back we will credit the card used to purchase the helmet. Our Live Chat hours are from 530 am – 8 pm PST. When you came into chat the reps may have had a meeting or been at lunch I am not sure as I leave at 230 everyday. But please be assured we are online all most all of the time . We are still a little new to the phones and I am sorry your call was not answered Please fell free to leave a message next time with your order id and we will be sure to call you back.

As far as the incorrect order goes I am also going to attach a pre-paid label for you to use the same as the return shipping label I am sending you but I am going to but the other customers name as the return address. Below o the instructions on how to us the labels(JP) Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you , (JP)Thanks again !!

Attached you will find your FedEx return shipping label. Please print this label and apply this to your return shipment package. You can drop this package off at your nearest FedEx drop off location or request a pickup at the http://www.FedEx.com website. (JP)Please let us know if you have any further questions. (JP)Returns will only be accepted if they are in new, unused condition and in the undamaged original manufacturers packaging (Manufacturers packaging with writing, markings, shipping labels, or excessive tape on it cannot be accepted).

Fold the printed page along the horizontal line. Place label in shipping label pouch and affix it to your shipment so that the barcode portion of the label can be read and scanned. Warning: Use only the printed original label for shipping. Using a photocopy of this label for shipping purposes is fraudulent and could result in additional billing charges.

We appreciate your cooperation in this matter and we apologize for any inconveniences.

Thanks,

Phyllis M – Customer Service

http://www.BikeBandit.com

Open It Up!

Let us know how we’re doing!

Take the BikeBandit.com survey:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=948111210669

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2007 3:31 PM

To: Phyllis McElyea

Subject: Re: your bike bandit order

Hi Phyllis

I hope we can help each other. I will quote in this e-mail the reply i got in another customer service e-mail. We can go from there.

I will reply to this e-mail here and inline with the text of the e-mail.

"BikeBandit.com Customer Service - Ticket Number LTK9701437446X

Hello James,

We are sorry to hear that the helmets stink. May we ask what they smell like? The smell is a solvent odor and seems to be disipating. Also, the order that you have that is not yours, would you be able to give us an order id or a customer name that corresponds with it? See the end of this e-mail.As far as the small helmet, we do not offer exchanges and a new order will need to be placed for the correct size. A little more explaination here please. will you accept a return and credit me for the small helment? I actually need another medium. also to note here since you do not offer exchanges, on the small helment that i recieved the box had been opened, the protective cover on the visor was removed but in the box and the tags had been removed but still in the box. The shortie helment is DEFECTIVE! and i will be expecting a replacement to be shipped out ASAP. the defect is in the paint at the front of the helment surrounding the AFX emblem. it appears that the clear-coat of the paind is wrinkled and missing in places. I am attatching photos. We look forward to hearing back from you soon! Me too.

phone service : 1-888-339-3888 This number is useless . I held for 5 minutes, for 11 minutes and for 5minutes again three times today for about 30 minutes each time.

Here at BikeBandit.com, we strive to provide the best customer support possible. I can tell We hope that this response has answered your question(s) Not yet completely. If this response was unable to help you or you need further assistance, we have 2 great support options to serve you:

LiveChat - Nobody answers here either This interactive service connects you instantly with a live customer service representative for the fastest answer to your questions possible. You can connect to this service Monday thru Friday between 7 AM and 6 PM PST by clicking the link below or pasting it into the address bar of your internet browser.

http://{serverDomain}/hc/?cmd=file&file=visitorWantsToChat&site={LP!account-number}&SESSIONVAR!Ticket={LPTICKET!number}

Email - You may also choose to continue seeking assistance via email where most emails are replied to within the same business day! Here's hopeing. Simply reply to this message with any additional questions you may have and a customer service representative will get right back to you.

Thank you,

BikeBandit."

The shippment i recieved in error with my mailing addresse on it is (and i started to withhold this info for a time but i want to trust you)

Timothy Humphreys

Order ID# MBUVF9H35FUD8JMFPFUW2ABHG1

I hope i entered all that correctly.

If you want to schedule a UPS or FEDEX pick-up i have a different location that will be more convieniente

----- Original Message -----

To: jpettis@bellsouth.net

Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2007 2:29 PM

Subject: your bike bandit order

Hello James

Thanks for letting us you know you got someones elses order can you please let us know the name on the order or the order id and we can go from there Thanks so much !!

Phyllis - Customer Service

http://www.BikeBandit.com

Open It Up!

Let us know how we’re doing! Take the BikeBandit.com survey:

Click here to take the BikeBandit.com Survey

Damn guy,

You have more patients than I have...and I think I have shown my patients here two years ago when I was dealing with NASON...

Here is my two cents of what I would have done ...if it were me...

• I would have sent Bike bandit "ONLY ONE EMAIL" advising them that they sent me tires that do not belong to me, and the non-satisfactory comments about the defect in the helmet requesting replacement or money back.

• I would then have put the tires and the helmet in the corner for safe keeping until I recieved further instructions, or contact, from THEM.

• After 90 days....I would sell the tires (if they didnt fit my bike), and the helmet.

• I would never look back, and never deal with Bike Bandit again, and posted my dis-satisfaction (with reasons), here on the VR site as you did, so the VR family knows about the problems I was having with Bike Bandit.

• I would have NEVER ordered a helmet on line in the first place, but would personally go out and purchase the size helmet I need from a different place all together..thus..being able to try it on for size, check it's for odors...and any surface defects before I bought it.

I have purchased several items for my Kawa Vulcan and had nothing but good service from Bikebandit. However, everything came in correctly first time, I did not have to deal with returns etc. It appears it was a good thing I didn't have to deal with them.

BTW, we will see how the NewEnough group does. I ordered a pair of summer weight riding pants that came in yesterday (quick delivery - good so far). Their tall sizes are really tall. May need to send back for a standard length which will require dealing with their customer service. I will report how it works out.

RR

First off, you'll have to schedule a pickup thru Fed-Ex. Call their customer service number off their website. They're very helpfull. Secondly if Bike Bandit has sent you the return labels, that's all you need. They should have Bike Bandits Fed-Ex account number on them. And third, If worse comes to worse, and you can't resolve the problem, take it to your credit card company. It's amazing how quickly things get taken care of when the payment is disputed.......

A few months back i ordered some parts from bikebandit.com no problems. one part was back-ordered but it is a 24 year old bike so no problems. I got it later.

Next i ordered three helments. One for me and the wife' and a shortie for me for PGR (slow events) missions.

Well the stuff came in and the shortie has krinkled and peeling clear coat.

And i got a set of tires that belong to someone else.

I finally got someone to e-mail me back after not finding a phone no.

Their response so far is ...

1. To be confused as to my problem (me or them one)
  2. It seems as they only answer e-mails when it suits them.
  3. They sent me a phone number that gives the message that my est. hold time will be 5 minutes at times and at other times it says 11 minutes after about 30 minutes you get a message to leave a message.
  4. Today, i dont get that message, i get a message saying that no one is available leave a message and some one will get right back to me. I have left my number 3 times since this morning. no one has called back.
  5. I have not been able to get anyone to connect when i try to use the on line customer service chat. (I must have pissed them off, huh?)
  6. I did look up the person in Va. that ordered the tires and he has chated with cust. service and they are sending him a new shippment.
  7. Meanwhile, they e-mailed me a set of Fed-Ex lables. one to forward the tires to the rightful owner and one to return the damaged helment. No contact since then. I have not shipped anything yet, fedex wants me to set up an account with them before they will set up a pick-up (thats odd) I'm not doing that.
  8. I cant contact anyone to let them know i need a pick up scheduled.

I think I keep the helment and put a sticker over the bad paint. I can sell the tires for enough to cover the cost of the halment.

I think i'm through with bikebandit.com:225:

They actually called today but they called the house not my cell phone as i had requested. there was no one home to take the call, she left a message with a phone number.

Same ph no. i've been calling and i had the same result with one exception.

No one would answer. I had an estimated hold time of 6 minutes both times i called, both times i held for 20-30 minutes before being disconnected.

the second time i was diconnected, their phone system went down and i couldn't leave a message..................

I guess i'll e-mail again.:confused24:

• 2 weeks later...

SO, I called again last week, several times. same thing, leave a message and noone returns.

The last time i calles i got really PO'ED at the last second and i let them have it in the recording, didn't figger anyone was listning anyway. (think i called them a bunch of SOB's)

They called back!!

The thing that suppriesed me was this. They called on the line 3 at work,(not the no. i gave them) i never gave them that number; but it is the one i left the message from(caller ID). we got disconnected. (the supprise) they called back on our line 1, i never gave that one to them, haven't used it to call them. we don't have roll over on the phones.

We finally got it worked out. They assure me the new helment is on the way, and i have sent them the defective helment and the tires. (Timmothy did get his tires, i checked before sending them back)

BTW, Did you know you can drop off FedEx packages at the post office? You can.

Maybe i'll get my new helment in a couple of days.......................