IGNORED

W NY 1st Gen Looking Lonely

hcdagen

For anyone that might be interested,there is a real nice light brown 1st Gen thats been sitting out for sale since early summer.Its just outside Friendship,NY,and I've been going by it 6 times a week on my route.There isn't room to park my truck safely to get more information.If anyone wants to see it it,take Route 275 south out of Friendship about 1 mile on the left side.If you get to the hamlet of Nile,you missed it.As I would rather look cool than go fast,I have a 2nd Gen Royal Star,but for any speedy would-be reprobate 1st Gen'ers,it might be worth a look.Herb.:cool17:

Hey HC,

If it is an 1986 to 1993 I would be interested! You can tell from a glance because the side covers have the louvers in them and are not open. another way is the rear trunk is very large as are the side bags. If you could find out a bit more info I would be greatful.

Thanks,:thumbsup2:

Earl

Hey HC,

If it is an 1986 to 1993 I would be interested! You can tell from a glance because the side covers have the louvers in them and are not open. another way is the rear trunk is very large as are the side bags. If you could find out a bit more info I would be greatful.

Thanks,:thumbsup2:

Earl

A dead give-away is if the saddle bags are top loaders.

The owner keeps a tarp over the cockpit to protect the electronics which covers most of the side panels.It does have a large top case{with a chrome luggage rack}.I am not that familiar with model differences to be of much help beyond that.I passed it for more than 2 months before I realized it was a Venture and figured if it hasn't sold by now,someone could get a good bargain.Herb. Just looked at the history page,and would have to say its a '83-'85 model judging by the saddlebag guards.

Edited by hcdagen
add information

If the side bags look tilted at the bottom, low in front high in back, rather angular, then its 83-85. They also have handles on the top of them. 86 and up are more rectangular and square on the bike. That helps if you're running down the road. Also, the trunk on the 83-84 has a single pad with no armrest bumps coming out. 85 and up had a separate rectangular pad in the middle that sticks up 3-4"s above the trunk.

Hope that helps