IGNORED

Travelling To New England October 2nd - 6th

bongobobny

What, no suggestions or comments??? Where to go, what to see??

Now, do you really want me to tell you where to go???:stickpoke::stickpoke:..for ice cream of course....:rotf::rotf:What did you think I was gonna say????:rasberry::fnd_(16)::fnd_(16): Enjoy yourselves and remember... your not so young anymore!!!!!lol...lol

You and your wife will have a good time enjoying the fall scenery. Remember there is a Ben and Jerry in every corner of Vermont. Don't ride too fast though I'll hear about it from my ex who is a patrolman up there!:hurts:

PS Bennington is very nice and historical. Bromley and Stratton Mtn. a lot of up and down mountains and curves. Johnny Sesaw nice place to spend the night and eat. Bromley Lodge also a nice to spend the night. I hope this helps and you can makes some phone calls to see if they have any vacancy!

Well, the extended forcast is not very favorable to taking the scoot, ol I guess we are caging it! Planning on travelling thru southern NY to north Connecticut to RI then thru Mass to SE Maine then into southern NH then Vermont and then home.

If anybody would like to meet up anywhere for coffee, ice cream, or just plain socializing let me know. I will have the computer and have no definate timetable other than to be home by Tuesday night. Our actual Anniversary is Wednesday the 7th...

OK here we are in Torrington Conn heading for Mystic to see the Aquarium. Had an interesting ride yesterday. Finally got underway around 11:30 in the cage. Woke upto rain and temp in the 40's. Definately NOT good riding weather!! Had lunch in Corning NY at a Chili's and our waitress was wierd!! Had a wonderful drive thru the Catskills National park. I'm serioiusly thinking of a get together next summer there!

Yo Bob.....If you folks get a chance try to stop at Carl's Oxford Diner in Oxford MA....They serve up a awesome Breakfast and Lunch!!! (They Close at 2PM).

Take I-395 North for the easiest way to get there.

Punch this addy into yer GPS: 291 Main Street, Oxford Town,MA.,01540

Trust me on this one....You will NOT regret eating there!!!

Boomer.......who's been there many many times and has the waistline to prove it.:crackup:

OK here we are in Torrington Conn heading for Mystic to see the Aquarium. Had an interesting ride yesterday. Finally got underway around 11:30 in the cage. Woke upto rain and temp in the 40's. Definately NOT good riding weather!! Had lunch in Corning NY at a Chili's and our waitress was wierd!! Had a wonderful drive thru the Catskills National park. I'm serioiusly thinking of a get together next summer there!

Two things, One if your going to be in VT tomorrow I would meet you somewhere for lunch or whatever. Next, Our group from anouther website rented a house in the Catskills and had a blast. We rented a 8 bedroom house in East Jewett. House was a little on the rought

side but ok. Had a pool table and hot tub and big deck out back. There are some great roads in that area. If you get a chance go to my pics in the picture section.

Ok thats what I get for not reading all the posts first. I will be riding tomorrow though and would meet you for breafast if your going to be in Vt. Couple of sights to see are the Quechee Gorge On rt 4 then over to rt 100 north. Theres a place called Texas falls that is beautiful. Then continue up 100 to Waterbury for Ben and Jerry's factory tour. Then up 100 to Stowe, Ski capital of the east. Then take 108 over smugglers notch which is really cool. Just to name a few.

OK were all tucked in safe and sound and with full bellys at the Hampton Inn in Coventry RI, and tyhe room is slightly cheaper than the Days Inn last night!! We had dinner at the Harborside Restaurant outside Providence and it was great!!! 2 lobsters for $21.95!! That's what Becky had while I had the broiled seafood platter for a buck more, and mine had lobster on it as well!!

Boomer, we may try to make it to that place for lunch, our plans call for us making it to Maine tomorrow night, and wqe want to avoid Boston. Hiunter, we won't be in Vermont until Monday afternoon/evening on the way back home. Tuesday is drive back home day. Love to run into both of you if we can work it out.

Today we didn't get underway until 11:00 and drove down to Mystic, planning on both the Aquarium and Mystic Seaport, but we ended up staying at the aquarium until 6. What a great place, we loved it!! Kind of a rainy day so we didn't get a chance to sightsee as much as we wanted, like tour the coastline. Oh, well, tomorrow is another day. Wish we had the bike but the weather isn't favorable, and we are warm and dry...

OK today we are scrapping the plan to go to Maine today and instead stay at this hotel another night. Our plans for the day include heading for Plymouth rock, maybe Cape Cod, and in general tour the coastline around here. Tomorrow we will head for New Hampshire and try to make the place Boomer suggested for lunch.Hopefully we will be in either Vermont or NY around Albany for the night.

Did I mention we love travelling? Can't wait for retirement so we can do more of it...

OK yesterday we landed at Plymouth Rock. Went on thed Mayflower II, went to the replica native village and English settlement, and headed for Cape Cod to see the Cape Cod lighthouse. Had dinner at this place called Moby Dicks, and wish we would have went somewhere else. Clams weren't properly cleaned and were gritty. Becky's lobster was OK but not as cheap as the night before. The only thing somewhat good on my seafood plate was the scallops but were just a little on the rubbery side. Service, what service??? We had plastic silverware and styrofoam plates. Definately not a fine dining place. At least we didn't get sick...

Today we mosey on bact towards NY state thru Massachusetts, NH ands Vermont. Want to take the scenic tri;p thru Vermont from Brattleboro to Bennington. We did that 20 years ago and enjoyed it. Hope to make it to Troy or Schenectedy NY tonight. Hate thbe thought of going home but I guess I have to go back to work to pay for this whole vacation...