IGNORED

Over 200 Mph Today!

Skid

No it was on my First Gen, but it was still a thrill. A friend of mine took me up in his "Experimental" plane today that he built himself. It is a beautiful two seat powerhouse that was a blast on a Sunday afternoon. We made a low pass back by the airport at over 200 mph, it was a blast to see how fast the ground moves past you at over 200 mph.....

Hey Skid nice looking plane ,Boy sounds like you two had fun going by the air field.Now you can tell the everybody the plane was powered by a XVZ engine.

I never been off the ground except for when I have the front tire off the ground on the beast.

:cool10:

buddy

He took it easy on me today, He did a very steep climb after passing by the airport then over the top to lift me off my seat. I understand he's been known to do a few rolls from time to time.... It was a very fun ride, another good way to burn up a Sunday afternoon. He spent five years building this plane and first got it in the air in 2003.

My 10 year old son Joshua got to fly today too. He went up in the Cessna and he hasn't stopped talking yet. Not quite as fast, but still a lot of fun....
It's great to give young kids that change to discover whats out there. It could make a big deferents on what they do for a career.:sun:

While we were at Vogel(the day we rode the dragon) I met a 75 y/o man that had an experimental plane that he built. He took me to his hanger and showed it to me. It is a short takeoff and landing plane (STAL). He built it from a kit. We then went to his house where he has about 30/40 motorcycles of all kinds. Mostly enduro bikes that he rides in the desert. He lived in a big house on 35 acres. Guy was pretty cool for someone you just start talking to in a Wendys.

Nice RV-6A! I helped A friend of mine mount Lycoming engine serial number 300,000 a few years ago into his RV-8A. Pretty much the same airplane as the one you flew in but with tandem seating instead of side by side. He sold the thing a few months ago and I never got my ride. Now he's building an RV-10A to replace it. I'll make sure I get a ride in that one. I did got a ride in an F-16 a year ago and that was incredible! We did all of the basic maneuvers, barrel rolls, loops, Immelmans, split s's and a bunch of other stuff. We even pulled 8.3 g's at one point. The RV is quite a capable aircraft too, and I would jump at the chance to go up in one if offered!