IGNORED

Bike stops when I pull off jumper cables

Sandbagger

In the process of putting on new fairings and adding some lights. I had old running lights on a switch and something else on a switch, but never could figure out what was on the second switch. They were hooked to the positive with a separate wire. I pulled the wires out.

I left the key on and killed the battery.

I added the rear lights and tied into the rear light.

I added lights on my front fender and tied into my front turn signals.

I then took some jumper cables and jumped my bike.

Lights on the back look good.

Lights on the front looked good and then began to flicker in unison. Connection seems solid.

Now the real problem.

I pull the jumper cable and the bike stops immediately. Jumps automatically and stops automatically

What have I done?

Really appreciate your help

DO NOT USE YOUR CAR TO CHARGE YOUR BIKE BATTERY WHILE IT IS HOOKED UP TO THE ELECTRICAL SYSTEM OF YOUR BIKE!

With that being said, If you don't have a Battery Charger (Not a battery tender) to charge the battery OUT OF THE BIKE!, Then return it to where you got it and get a new Battery, and while you are there, purchase a battery charger to charge the battery with. There are a few tools that are "must have" items, this is one of them.

Earl

DO NOT USE YOUR CAR TO CHARGE YOUR BIKE BATTERY WHILE IT IS HOOKED UP TO THE ELECTRICAL SYSTEM OF YOUR BIKE!

Just a clarification:

You can hook a car battery to your bike battery while it is in the bike and connected to the bike system. What you must not do is start the car or otherwise have it running while it's battery is connected to the bike. A car alternator can put out enough amperage to overload a few things on the bike. The worst scenario is when the bike battery is very low which makes the car alternator max it's output.

OK,

I went and got my battery charged and put it back in.

My turn signals do not work front or back.

My turn signals work as riding lights in the front.

My lights in my front fender, that are hooked into my front turn signal riding lights do not work.

This is very confusing to me.

Do I have fuse problems. Do I have to rewire something.

Really don't understand how my lights on my front fender are toast but the front signal lights that they are hooked into work as riding lights.

Thanks for the help.

Bob