IGNORED

Anyone purchased from Harber's Cycle Parts recently?

Jdix

I ordered (and paid for) the 'Big Mirrors' for my Venture from 'thecycleking' which, as I understand it, represent Harber's Cycle. The purchase was made on ebay and paid with paypal. That was some two months ago.

So far there has been no product, no answer to my emails (X4) and they haven't answered their phone (X2). I also completed the ebay resolution procedure which said that my complaint has been filed but that appears to be as far as that goes.

It is not my intent to sully this company's reputation, as hopefully this is a unique situation and a simple mistake, but I am not sure of how to proceed next. Their reputation on ebay appears to be stellar.

Has anyone here dealt with Harber's Cycle recently? Suggestions?

Thanks.

Jdix

I have never dealt with them inparticular but If I were you at this point I would go ahead and file the dispute with PayPal too, not just ebay.

Here is some information: https://www.paypal.com/helpcenter/main.jsp;jsessionid=KnTKx2JZvhYTVFzPLLzJbsYjK2zGjV5vNG8CvYLnymSJyJ0T5ghp!-973790507?locale=en_US&_dyncharset=UTF-8&countrycode=US&cmd=_help&serverInstance=9006&t=solutionTab&ft=browseTab&ps=solutionPanels&solutionTopic=800060&solutionId=12454&isSrch=Yes

If they don't help, I'd go to the credit card company you used to fund the PayPal transaction (if you used a credit card).

I do not have experience filing claims with PayPal but I have done it with my credit card. My CC company was very quick at getting the issues resolved.

Also, make sure you have as much information as you can regarding your situation. ie. Receipt for transaction, item numbers, dates and times of communications AND the communication itself (if you have copies of the e-mails and transcripts of what you left in a message to them).

Good luck friend.

The Bev is right on with his post, Go thru Paypal! As a seller and buyer on Ebay for quite a while now, I have had to use the "Buyer Protection" a few times and every time with exception, Paypal has come thru for me. Be persistant but not rude and you will find you will get your money back. Be sure to leave negative feedback for the seller, these days, it really hurts them.

Just my thoughts,

Earl

i have heard that we do group buys here. i have an idea.

why doesn't everyone who has an ebay account go to that product, click ask seller a question, and ask why hasn't he delivered the item purchased by Jdix. Of course, ask politely, but if several hundred of these hit his mail box, maybe it will shake some mirrors out of them.

Thank you for some ideas to persue. Below was the result of the PayPal

resolution center attempt. Somewhat disappointing but I guess we live

and learn.

Non-receipt dispute - #PP-783-659-969

Status

This dispute closed because it was opened for more than 45 days after the transaction date or did not meet other filing criteria.

I guess I won't be ordering from Harber's Cycle again.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Jdix

I ordered (and paid for) the 'Big Mirrors' for my Venture from 'thecycleking' which, as I understand it, represent Harber's Cycle.

Jdix

To clarify, you have been trying to get in touch with "thecycleking" or "Harbers cycle". If the first I should think it is past time to contact Harbers' directly, follow the suggestions from others and contact the BBB (for whatever that's worth).

Good luck, you've been more patient then I would have.

We are closed on Sunday and Monday every week. Tuesday, 9/15/09 Mr. Dixon (Jdix) called us and brought this issue to our attention. We have worked with Mr. Dixon to resolve the issue and his USPS Priority International tacking number is: CQ335021905US. It is regrettable that on rare occasions mistakes can occur. We do feel badly about the mistake we made on this order. We are always happy to rectify any and every problem as quickly as we can after the problem is brought to our attention. If any person on this forum deals with our company and you have any issues what so ever, please feel free to call us at 1-870-458-2939 Tuesday - Friday 9am-5pm (CST) or Saturday 9am-12pm/NOON (CST) and we will be happy to provide assistance.

A special thank you to ediddy for bringing this forum to our attention.

I just got a response to my email to Harber's Cycle.

Hi Eddie,

"jdix" is John Dixon, he is located in Canada. It is true that there was a problem with his shipment. On 9/15/2009, Tuesday of this week, Mr. Dixon called us and informed us of the issue with the shipment. On 9/16/09 we shipped another pair of mirrors. At this time there is another pair of mirrors on their way to him with USPS tracking number: CQ335021905US.

When Mr. Dixon called us Tuesday, he mentioned he had sent emails to us over the weekend that had not been answered and he had tried to call on Monday. The problem he experienced was due to the fact that we are closed on Sundays and Mondays as we advertise in all of our ads. On the days we are closed, there isn't anyone here to answer the phone nor email. Responses do not get sent until Tuesday when we return to work.

That's the whole story on the "jdix" John Dixon order.

Please post this on the forum, so everyone knows the rest of the story.

Sincerely,

Steven

JDIX, not saying that this is the problem but on August 22 I sent a set of deflectors via USPS Priority mail to Canada and as of the 15th of Sept the purchaser emailed me and said they had not arrived yet. After checking with Customs and USPS they said a delivery attempt was made on Sept 9th and no one was home. They suggested taking the shipping # to your local post office to see if they are holding it. The customer did and the post office had it in the back. Apparentely Canada post office does not attempt a redelivery. Your first order just may be sitting at your Post Office. Its worth a shot. :doh:

JDIX, not saying that this is the problem but on August 22 I sent a set of deflectors via USPS Priority mail to Canada and as of the 15th of Sept the purchaser emailed me and said they had not arrived yet. After checking with Customs and USPS they said a delivery attempt was made on Sept 9th and no one was home. They suggested taking the shipping # to your local post office to see if they are holding it. The customer did and the post office had it in the back. Apparentely Canada post office does not attempt a redelivery. Your first order just may be sitting at your Post Office. Its worth a shot. :doh:

When our postman has a package to deliver and nobody is home, a "pickup" card is left, stating that a delivery attempt was made, where the parcel will be (which post office) and when it can be picked up. We take that card to the post office and get it. Possibly the card was left but got missed somehow (maybe buried in a bunch of junk mail and thrown out).