Okay I searched the forum and found some good info, however I guess my question is a little different. I am 5'8'' and would llike to be able to extend my legs out from the floorboards when on the highway. As we all know the summer and highway heat can at times add to the heat off the engine. I really don't care to have the lower air deflectors added. Could anyone with some insight on this subject please comment. We have a 5 day trip to the Texas hill country scheduled at the end of September and really like to have some pegs in place by then. Thanks

Im 5' 10". I put a set of Kuryakyn Dually pegs (I think thats the name) with offset mounts. With these mounts I'm able to fine tune the position of pegs nicely. I have three comfortable position now:

1. Heel on floorboard, toe on peg

2. Foot totally on peg

3. Hanging over peg, fully stretched

I dont have close ups but here's a couple of photo's that may help.

Whole bunch on eBay. Search for kuryakyn dually

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_9EMyKcng_yA/Sh2_99fwJGI/AAAAAAAAB9Y/7cb2tDsQd4Q/s640/P5270282.JPG

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_9EMyKcng_yA/Sn2q5AwMtfI/AAAAAAAAC7k/_G3mVisrz38/s800/P8080699.JPG

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_9EMyKcng_yA/Sn2q4wfhTcI/AAAAAAAAC7g/iVtBXwSWr-s/s800/P8080698.JPG

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_9EMyKcng_yA/SnT6rcfgwVI/AAAAAAAAC4I/1nr7iYA0xiM/s800/P8010665.JPG

The Kuryakyn long horns attach to your engine guard and are fully adjustable to spin forward to your front wheel for a tall person or spin to the rear for a shorter person.

I have a set and love them. Instant relieve from the engine heat is another huge bonus.

They are very easy to install. They just clamp onto your engine guards. As a tip, don't tighten them fully untill you know they are in the right place for your leg length.

Good luck and enjoy

I put on a set of the Kuryakyn Longhorn offset dually iso 7980 with 1" clamps a few weeks ago before my 4600 mile trip and I am SO glad that I did. I thought the bike was comfortable before, but after I got them on and positioned appropriately (it took a while to figure out exactly where I want them... and I found myself still fine tuning them even after I got back from my trip) I found that it was really nice to be able to get my feet (safely) away from the heat from the motor and out in the breeze. I felt that $130 is quite a bit to be spending on pegs but I read up on them a lot and figured that Kuryakyn must be doing something right with their products and I am NOT dissapointed for the money I paid. (That and I really couldn't find anything else that I was happy with or felt would work and 130 was a bargin compared to what some places wanted for them).

I chose the longhorns due to the 3.25" extension allowing for a huge variety of positions. I did find that due to my excessively large feet I had to mount them somewhat high on the crash bars but it works out so that I can rest my feet directly on them (like one would usually use pegs), set me heels on the floor-boards and ends of my feet on the pegs, and lastly lay my feet across the top.

I am 5'8 with a 32/33" inseam and I have my offsets mounted so that the bars stick up almost completely vertical. So if I had shorter legs there would still be plenty of room for adjustment.

I do not really have a good picture of what they look like mounted or with me on it and my feet up on the pegs to show you how they are (to try to give you a little perspective on what how they actually end up positioining everything). If I wasn't 1600 miles away from my bike I would gladly shoot some of those for you; maybe someone else could do that for you if they have them and you are interested.

I cannot really tell from the picture if the offsets that "ablumny" has are the same as what I have or not. If memory serves me correctly you can get a 2" or 4" offset extension from Kuryakyn or the 'longhorn offset' that is 3.25".

As others have said, check e-bay etc. I just did a google search for "kuryakyn longhorn offset 7980" and they came up in many places. I got mine from yocracing.com but they have raised the price since I ordered them (they are up to 134 not including shipping) but I found (for me) they had the cheapest shipping around. Also if you use 'star' in their cpn code box it'll save you 5%.

A place that I would NOT suggest getting them from would be meancycles.com They offer free shipping and a low price but their customer service was rediculous, communication was next to impossible, and it took a long time to get them. (Medium-long story why I ended up with 2 sets...)

Do be cautiouned that many places do not actually keep the the longhorn offsets with 1" clamps (which is what is needed for the RSV) in stock and shipping from Kuryakyn can take a while (to get to the supplier). I did find that my local stealership sold them but I was not willing to pay the 140+8.25% tax that they were charging so I dealt with the wait time.

http://www.yocracing.com/accessory_store/store/yoc_viewItem.asp?idProduct=2145

Wow: 128.95 & Free shipping

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1-KURYAKYN-LONGHORN-OFFSET-DUALLY-HIGHWAY-PEGS-7980_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem4a99f46098QQitemZ320410509464QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Enjoy!

:happy34:

I bought Lilbeaver's extra pair of Kuryakyn Longhorn footpegs. (Thanks Lilbeaver). I put them on for the trip to the International Rally and they were great. (I have a 29 inch inseam).

I have them at a very slight angle back which works fine. Any further back and they interfere with the foot brake and shifter.

I bought Lilbeaver's extra pair of Kuryakyn Longhorn footpegs. (Thanks Lilbeaver). I put them on for the trip to the International Rally and they were great. (I have a 29 inch inseam).

I have them at a very slight angle back which works fine. Any further back and they interfere with the foot brake and shifter.

:thumbsup2: Glad you like 'em! :)

I cannot really tell from the picture if the offsets that "ablumny" has are the same as what I have or not. If memory serves me correctly you can get a 2" or 4" offset extension from Kuryakyn or the 'longhorn offset' that is 3.25".

Nope I dont have the LongHorns. The extensions on mine are shorter.

Oh hey, I just saw that you were in Texas... I know Texas is one of the bigger states and all but we do have members all over. If you are close to someone you may be able to arrange a meet up to take a look and see what you think (if someone has a set on their bike that is near you).

If you are anywhere near Lubbock I would be happy to meet you somewhere when I am back in town.

Just a thought!

:thumbsup2:

I have the lower vents and they are a life saver when it comes to engine heat. You can set them for as much air flow to you as you want. They are real nice in cooler weather to shut down and keep the heat in.

I also have foot pegs attached to the engine guard near the bottom and can rest my foot either heal on floorboard or foot totally on the peg. I am 5'9.9"...always wanted to 5'10".

Sorry I do not have pis currently, but if you are interested I could take a pic.

Another vote for the longhorns!!! They can be found for $110 - $120 online, and are fully adjustable. I only have 1" on you and am glad I bought them. I have them pointing in slightly, and can either put my toe on them with my heel on the florboard, or put my foot on them, or rest my ankle on the top of them for max air up the pantlegs!

Do you find the 2nd gen a little tall for you?

I removed the seat and shaved about an 1.5" off of the sides ot the saddle pan. While I had the seat cover off I replaced the foam with tempur-pedic foam and reinstalled, this in effect worked the same as lowering the bike. Worked out great for me.

• 3 years later...

Do they make highway pegs for the passenger rider? My girlfriend said she would like to move her legs out slightly. This would allow her to move her feet around a bit more and catch some air to help keep cooler on those hot summer rides.

I bought a set specifically for my 1700 mile trip and even adjusting the position numerous times, it was not for me, I love my floorboards. At 5'9", my position on the bike riding was perfect. Never felt tired, my feet were comfortable. I sold my Kuryakans to my buddy ('85 Wing)