IGNORED

Has anyone seen the POD-IUM LUGG trailer?

dragerman

Just wondering if anyone has seen the POD-IUM LUGG trailer and if so what your thoughts were?

http://www.costco.ca/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=10308815&lang=en-CA

I like it! :banana::banana::banana:

Very unique design.

It and change length and width it looks like too.

Too bad the carrier doesn't come with it for that price.

I wonder how much the carrier is?

Very Cool!

Steve

$1,099.99

And the handling and shipping should be included for that price...

I just don't see that kind of money fo it thought...

I guess they are looking at $300.00 for tires and rims, $300.00 for materials, $400.00 for labor, then include handling & shipping..but wow..that thing is pricey to me.

It is a cute lil-bugger though..

I agree with Eck way too expensive and you still don't have anything to carry your stuff in. It doesn't come with that car carrier looking thing. With having to do the same as getting the harbor freight trailer you'd be better off with that unless you have unlimited funds.

Margaret

Mine has more ground clearance:

Which I think is BAD! Lower center of gravity = stability!

Look...you're towing it behind a motorcycle anyway, which has it's wheels in the center of the towing path. You'd have to actually TRY to bottom this thing out.

I LIKE IT! It looks very similair to something I've designed for myself, and out of the same materials too. I also like the taller tyres...and it's got a torsion-bar axle...which is awesome!!

I'd love to mount my Kwik-Kamp box onto a chassis that looks like this...that would be ideal! (I hate the tiny wheels mine has.)

The blanked out plates I've seen done on vehicles listed for sale, and I was just messing with the paint program when a few years ago.

Trailer is plenty stable, no worries there.

Ground clearance makes it easy to remove it from the bike and haul it through the woods to the campsite, rolling right over rocks and stumps, and not having to make several trips to unload it!

One of the coolest things is it folds up. Remove the cargo box, pull the wire connector, unlatch the tonge and pull it out, and the front of the platform hinges down to expose the pins holding the wheels in place. Slide the pins forward and the wheels fold in, then the platform folds over the wheels. There's even a carrying handle in the middle to carry it like a big, flat, 50# aluminum suitcase!

I can fold it up and put it inside the cargo box.

The tires are small, can't remember if 8" or 10". The semi-knobby ones in the pic were on the trailer when I bought it. I ASSumed they were balanced and ready to go. After a trip from NJ to Cape Cod, ME, NH, and back, they were severely cupped and would not have made it to Sturgis the next day. I had to pack the bike with only the "necessities" for the trip to SD.

The replacements have a more street bike appropriate tread, and after a good maunual balancing job, have made several long trips with no adverse wear.