IGNORED

Great Idea for an Interior Trunk Light!

dragerman

• 2 months later...
Guest HotMech
The other night I was rummaging through the trunk on my Venture looking for one of my gloves. All the while I was thinking how nice it would be to have a trunk light... well today I installed one.

Is it just the older venture that has no light in the trunk?

I just recently got my 93, (I don't know too much about these bikes just yet) and it has a light in the trunk. Looks very factory too.

K

This is the one I have in the trunk of my RSV and I just bought the thicker 3M double side tape to put it on...has been on the bike for 4 or 5 months now with no problems :happy34:

http://www.smarthome.com/46152.html?src=WG1011039

I have one in my trunk as well . I also put one in each lower corner of the lift window on my truck cap so it lights up the area around my tailgate

Is it just the older venture that has no light in the trunk?

I just recently got my 93, (I don't know too much about these bikes just yet) and it has a light in the trunk. Looks very factory too.

K

The 1300 1st gen Ventures did have the vanity light and mirror stock on all the Royale models. The 2nd gens come with no light and thats why I added what I did to mine. They work well and work on every bike with a trunk on them

:happy34:

Guest HotMech

The 1300 1st gen Ventures did have the vanity light and mirror stock on all the Royale models. The 2nd gens come with no light and thats why I added what I did to mine. They work well and work on every bike with a trunk on them

:happy34:

Sorry, my feeble mind did not pic up on the gen 2 Duh.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest human4m

First of all, I don't have a trunk... and I know this thread is pretty old, but what about just using the LED strip lights available at Harbor Freight, or on eBay? Low-Heat, they take up virtually no space, Low current draw... Wire them to a switch, or the taillights...

Yep, that's what I did last summer. I put 2 1-foot-long led strips inside the lid next to the strips of the the trunk rack with a mercury-type switch that turns them on when the lid is opened enough, then turns off when you close it. One of the better mods I've done.

Here's what & where I got them.

Can any of you guys post a few pics of the inside of your RSV trunks? Top and bottom. I'm playing with something but I've never seen the inside of the RSV trunk.

I just did the inside of my '84 trunk and working on a couple of better ways to light it up. What I made works ok for the MKI & II but want to make it smaller and perhaps automatic with a magnetic switch that would work on all models.

Thanks

Hey Bob...what about the mercury switch...where'd you get that at and how did you wire it...and what about placement of the lights for the best directional lighting...I would love to do this on my bike.

Wally

OK. Here are some pics of the lights in my trunk. The first one is with the lights on with no flash, so, you can get an idea how well they light up the trunk. The second one is with the lights on with a flash (looks like they're off). The last one is of the mercury switch. Everything is wired directly to the battery. Since they're all LEDs, almost no draw.

[ATTACH]42229[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]42228[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]42227[/ATTACH]