I received a call from MAC today telling me that they had 3 sets of mufflers available. If anyone's interested, the price to your doorstep in the US is $295. Canada is about $10 bucks more. The MSRP is $329 plus shipping. PM me if you'd like to pick up a set.

Hey Jack-

It would have been 4 sets but 1 set is to finally replace my defective set from last year!!! They called today and told me that they are on the way and I can return the others with a call tag.

To summarize my saga: The first set arrived at the end of 2008 with pre-rusted chrome because the pipes were wrapped in the plastic while still wet with the salt bath from the chroming process. The second set arrived in January of 2009 and the left pipe was 3 inches longer the right! Been waiting for the promised replacements since then. According to MAC, the third set is equal in length, nice chrome, and inspected before shipping.

Yahoo!!!

JB

Hey Jack-

It would have been 4 sets but 1 set is to finally replace my defective set from last year!!! They called today and told me that they are on the way and I can return the others with a call tag.

To summarize my saga: The first set arrived at the end of 2008 with pre-rusted chrome because the pipes were wrapped in the plastic while still wet with the salt bath from the chroming process. The second set arrived in January of 2009 and the left pipe was 3 inches longer the right! Been waiting for the promised replacements since then. According to MAC, the third set is equal in length, nice chrome, and inspected before shipping.

Yahoo!!!

JB

Wow!!!!! Thought this problem had been put to bed months ago. I didn't realize it was still on going. JB you have the patients of a saint. We'll need a report and pics of the new set.. :)

One of the reasons I haven't persued another group buy is that I wasn't going to put up with all the BS excuses for months on end, and keep members hanging on a string. I basically told them to call me when they have product on the shelf. So again, 3 sets are available.... for imediate delivery..!!!. :)

Attached are a hodge-podge of pics of the MAC's on the '83.

Do you need to change the jets when you put these on? If so, to what size?

No rejetting needed. Install 'm and go ride.... From the expressed interest, if you're thinking about picking up one of the sets, I'd suggest committing sometime soon. One set is gone. We're now down to two available....

They are louder than stock by a bit. Not ear shattering by any means but they make a nice low rubble. Decent to cruise with and not all that annoying to others from the comments I get from the folks I ride with. Now......when you give it a twist and run for the redline...then you know they are there. They get louder. I had one guy tell me when I was shifting at about 5,000 they had a snarl like a 350 Chevy he had.

I've got about 5,000 miles on mine now and they seem to be getting a little louder and the rumble is a bit deeper.

I leave the house at about 4:00 AM each day and none of the neighbors have thrown anything at me yet so thay can't be too bad to others.

How do they sound?? Much difference than stock muffs?

I put some on my 89 and they are definitely a little louder. I could barely hear the stock mufflers from the driver's seat at 60 mph. Macs I can hear and sometimes think on a long trip that they are a little annoying. I figure it just motivates me to do what I should be doing anyway and put in my ear plugs.

Iowa guy

They are louder than stock by a bit. Not ear shattering by any means but they make a nice low rubble. Decent to cruise with and not all that annoying to others from the comments I get from the folks I ride with. Now......when you give it a twist and run for the redline...then you know they are there. They get louder. I had one guy tell me when I was shifting at about 5,000 they had a snarl like a 350 Chevy he had.

I've got about 5,000 miles on mine now and they seem to be getting a little louder and the rumble is a bit deeper.

I leave the house at about 4:00 AM each day and none of the neighbors have thrown anything at me yet so thay can't be too bad to others.

Exactly !! !!

Very good Description