IGNORED

honda magna v65 forum

jonesy

Your correct about that. The Venture site is great. I think the V65 site has changed in the last 5 years. I have an 83 V65 and love it. Few people have or remember what its like to grab a throttle full of raw power. When you rev up to 6-7K rpm's (10K is redline)and shift, it snaps your head back so hard, wow.. Better have your "A" game on. Thats how many of those bikes arent around any more. I bought the Venture because my wife and I are too big for the little seat, plus we want to travel some. I'll look through my favorites and see if I can find it and I'll pm you.

Your correct about that. The Venture site is great. I think the V65 site has changed in the last 5 years. I have an 83 V65 and love it. Few people have or remember what its like to grab a throttle full of raw power. When you rev up to 6-7K rpm's (10K is redline)and shift, it snaps your head back so hard, wow.. Better have your "A" game on. Thats how many of those bikes arent around any more. I bought the Venture because my wife and I are too big for the little seat, plus we want to travel some. I'll look through my favorites and see if I can find it and I'll pm you.

Sounds like you should have bought a 1st Gen!!:clap2:

Well, I'm new to the Venture crowd. I dont know about the older Ventures at all. They look nice though. So your saying the older Ventures have more power? They look less bulky or heavy than the 2nd Gen. I'm still not impressed with the power of mine, but its comfortable and has lots of room to store stuff. Honda marketed the V65 as a drag bike and has posted times of upper 10's in the quarter mile. Thats what I'm used to, but I;m not a speed demon anyway, so I love my 02 Mid Venture the same. My wife likes the RSV too.

I had the baby magnaV30 as my first street bike. Man I loved pissing off the guys on HDs with that thing. It was fast for a 500cc bike. The V65 is legendary for being very, very, fast. But so is the Vmax. So both V4s are pretty amazing motors. The yammy I think is less fussy about valves and stuff. I really liked the V65 Sabre with the touring package. A guy in my town had one like that and it was sharp. I got lucky when I found my 88 Venture for $1500.00 Its a whole lot of MC for the money, I really dont think I will need to ever replace it. I may have to fix something major one day. But I think it's worth it.

Thats right about the valves. The Vmax is a little faster. I couldnt help it, after I posted last time, I had to go grab some throttle. I havent rode it in a couple weeks cause I've been on the Venture. Now I have two cycles to keep up. And I'm a clean freak at that. Oh brother !! what will I do...... I just love a clean, shiny bike.

Hey Magnawake you should see Skydoc's Magna very sweet. He's done alot to it. I have a 84 V65 Sabre I've owned since new and still love the old girl. 145 Hp at the crank but ionly 105 at th3 rear wheel cause of the shaft drive. but still plenty fast . The 85 V Max had 14 hp on her . But the Sabre had longer legs and could go all day. As long as you changed the seat. LOL! Check out my pictures.