IGNORED

Taming the "Sweaty butt"??

BigBear

So...I'm torn between an Air Hawk seat cushion or a beaded seat cover.

I live in Central Florida and ride the RSV to work in the morning when it's nice and cool. Often times, I have to ride between sites. When I get off the bike (because of the high high temps and humidity), my butt is soaked!

Does the Air Hawk provided enough air flow to keep the "sweat factor" at a minimum? Or are the beaded seat covers really the way to go?

The AirHawk doesn't help much with airflow, but does wonders for the sit bones. A sheepskin is nice for airflow. Never tried the beads, but have heard good things about them relative to airflow.

Also, a little bit of GoldBond in the shorts does wonders.

RR

I'm 6'5", 250 lbs. I ride year-'round in all temps (lots of 100+). I never had any problem with sweaty butt, but then again I started riding 45 years ago in the Mojave dessert, so maybe I just don't notice it.

I made myself a beaded seat cover to get a little extra height on the seat. Took my 24 hr. non-stop comfort range from 600 miles to 1,400 miles with the stock pillow-top seat.

I don't ride my RSV without the beads now. Occasionally I do notice a bit of ventilation under there with the beads, but it is not enough to bother me even when riding in 15 degree weather. :080402gudl_prv:

Goose

I had one of these: http://www.airventusa.com/

Really let a lot of air in. I highly recommend it. I also have beads and sheepskin, I liked this better.

Tom

They are out of stock and do not know when they will be able to restart production. something about suppliers. They are refunding unfilled orders and not even giving a tentative restock date. Should i read that as "we're out of business"