IGNORED

Foot sugery

TEW47

Well, tomorrow I have my right foot operated on. Seems my middle toe is way to long about half inch, causing the joint in the ball of my foot to drop below the others causing all my weight to be on that one joint, which hurts bad. My foot has been hurting for 25 years. The Dr. is going to remove about 3/8" from one joint, and put a plate on the topo to raise the joint up so the weight will be equal. Will have a walking cast on for a month. No riding for a month! Hopefully I can ride to the state CMA ralley on Aug. 21-23, in Talladage,Al. Will be thinking about all of you riding for the next month or more.

tew47:95:

Go for a nice long ride today and store up some memories to help get you by.

Good luck on the surgery and as soon as the Doc will give you a walking boot, go for another ride!! (most of the braking power comes from the handle grip anyway?

We'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers, keep us updated.

Dave

Guest seuadr

wow! i have the same problem. i am lucky, though, as, although it hurts alot, it's not anywhere near enough pain for me to justify surgery (yet). I do know that sooner or later i'll be in your shoes ( pun sort of intended? :p )

will be keeping you in my prayers, man.

Well, tomorrow I have my right foot operated on. Seems my middle toe is way to long about half inch,

tew47

Mines not as long, and it's never been a problem, even in my BBall days, but on an all day bike rides my boot wears a hole in the top of the joint.... then the SOB HURTS!!!!!!!! I've been putting DrScholls Moleskin on it and it seems to be working. Goods luck on the toe reduction....

Got a steel plate and 7 screws in mine couple weeks ago. Just now starting to be able to put pressure on inside of my foot.

Oh Doc said don't do that didn't he!!

He is advising another month in walking boot and no walking.

Why did he give me a walking boot???

Good luck with it. You probally should listen to the doctors!!:innocent:

I figured if we are going to have to go to National Heath Care I had better get it done now and not have to wait in line a year or two. Also since Senior Citizens are being told to tuff it out, I had better do it now. I have put inserts in all my shoes and boots and all of them have a depression in them about the size of a marble. I am wearing sandles and got a pair of Rockey western boot with the eight layer pads that are GREAT. I hope that I don't have to sleep with the walking cast on for to long.

tew47

I lost my middle toe to infection last year so I know what you will be going thru! I was able to sort of limited walk around after a week or so, and was pretty much healed up after two months. Just follow Doctor's orders and enjoy a month or two of doing nothing but relaxing!! I'll be glad to pray for you! Keep us informed.

Everything was alright yesterday, till went to bed. Pain woke me up a one am. Took a pain pill and a sleeping pill and had to sit in my recliner to half way sleep. Woke me up abain at 3am. I know it will take a few days till the pain goes away, can't wait till then.

tew47

• 4 weeks later...

Got the cast off today and everything seems OK. Last week the DR. removed the wire from my toe, it was about five inches long. He said it wouldn't hurt and it didn't. He said I could ride so Sat. I will do a ride for Wings Of Life. On the 21st I am going to the state CMA ralley in Schoco Springs,AL. Toes are a little sore. But it is over and I can wear a shoe.

tew47:dancefool: