IGNORED

Rear View Mirrors

Jdix

During a ride on my 2nd gen today, it occurred to me that the rear view mirrors are kind of small and insignificant for such a fabulous masculine machine. Has anyone replaced the originals with something that is functional, good looking and clear viewing?

Thanks.

Jdix.

That was one of the first things I changed.I bought some off of E-Bay from Harber's

Cycle Parts out of Viola,Ar.Just go to E-Bay motors and type in Royal Star Venture

mirrors and it should pull them up.I like mine.They do move pretty easy if you bump them,

but I've never had them move any other time.I think they were $29.95 with $10 shipping.Also,shipped very fast.I'm very satisfied, much better than stock.

That was one of the first things I changed.I bought some off of E-Bay from Harber's

Cycle Parts out of Viola,Ar.Just go to E-Bay motors and type in Royal Star Venture

mirrors and it should pull them up.I like mine.They do move pretty easy if you bump them,

but I've never had them move any other time.I think they were $29.95 with $10 shipping.Also,shipped very fast.I'm very satisfied, much better than stock.

How about posting a picture of those mirrors on your bike so we can see how they look?

Joe

I wish I could,but I don't have a digital camera and haven't learned to post pictures yet.

I think they look as good or better than the originals,but even if they didn't,the increase

in safety is an acceptable trade off.

These look like the same thing I put on. I got the idea from Big Shell. I agree with the assessment that they move easily, but not unless bumped. They do provide a bigger picture. I put on some convex stick-on's to help keep track of my blind spots.

no,they are not convexed,but they show a lot more of what's behind you.You could add

the small spot mirrorsto to help with blind spots,but i think they show enough to be safe.I

guess it would be up to personal preference.

Hotrod...........I ordered a set this past 7 July and they arrived in the mail today. Really nice looking mirrors!! Thanks for posting the info on these.

I'll hang on to my stock set in case anybody here needs them.

Boomer.........who will see himself much better while drooling at the gals now....:innocent:

It's a Yamaha medium model.When I bought the bike,I ordered the windshield at the same

time.I am very hot natured,so I knew I wasn't going to be able to stand the stock windshield.It gets hot in Fla.My best friend has a GoldWing,So we looked at his windshield

and the one on the Venture and determined the curve was the same.I then ordered a GoldWing vent and we cut a hole with a dremel and installed it.At the time I didn't know

about this site,and I didn't know that Clearview Shields made one like that.I thought I

was the first to do it.Anyway,I'm happy with it.

OK I have the rear view mirrors which Hotrod posted about in this thread.

Mirror size and quality are very good!

One problem I encountered......Due to chroming on the mirror mounting stems I could NOT get the stems to thread into the aluminum mounting block. I figgered if I had a Die & Tap Set this problem would be a easy fix ie; chase the stem threads and knock some of the chrome off. I don't..... so I used the short OEM mirror stems and all worked out well.

Just thought I'd mention this for anyone else who ordered these mirrors.

Boomer.........who likes the looks of the mirrors being in tight to the fairing.

Boomer..........who can't remember that he needs to post pictures of all modifications and additions!

:happy65::crackup::crackup:

Boomer......who got a 1 week stay in the Royal Dog House the last time he used the wife's camera and busted the damn thing.........:crying:

Boomer......who got a 1 week stay in the Royal Dog House the last time he used the wife's camera and busted the damn thing.........:crying:

Such a small price to pay in order to help out your brothers and sisters at VR.O......shocked that you are unwilling to pay this small price!

Joe