IGNORED

2010 rsv

XV1100SE

I'm going to be getting a RSV either this fall or next spring and decided to call Yamaha Canada regarding some of the rumours I've heard. I called them this morning at 11am EST and heard back four hours later. Not enough time for them to call Yamaha Japan so I figure they got the info internally (would have been late at night in Japan).

Here are their answers :

1) There WILL be a 2010 RSV

2) Fuel Injection/larger motor (and I take it casette player) - "there will be NO chages to next years model and all specifications are the same as the current model"

Guess I'll be keeping my eye out for a good end of year price on a 2009 or pick up a 2010 in the spring. My Virago 1100 is doing well (and will keep it when I do get an RSV) so if the changes rumoured are to come true in 2011 then I might hold off another year. Hopefully the reps at the Toronto Motorcycle Show over the winter will have more details.

Still not a subscriber to the site but plan on it ! Good group of people and lots of info on the RSV.

LOL - No change in specifications. Don't think the colours are part of the specifications.... but I'll give you that the colour will change.

Hoping for the black on black. Like the look of the Midnight Venture.

I didn't get the "subject to change" from the Yamaha contact.... so must be written in stone. :-)

How many people use the cassette ? What options are available to swap the unit out? Maybe replace it with a GPS? Hooking up an mp3 player would be the way to go. And the cb... usefull now when everyone has cell phones?

See... I'm already looking at ways to customize my RSV when I get it.

don't hold your breath for anything but color change in 2010, if they even make one. there will be something down the road based on the new v-max engine. i think the economy is going to dictate alot of the up and coming models. the all new wing made in the new plant in japan was supposed to be a 2010 now it is rumored and moved back to 2011. the bike market is in big trouble to. harley is hurting bad. :depressed:

Joined this board just to search for 2010 rumors. I thought bikes had to be EFI by 2010, and I was really looking for what was up Royal Star's sleeve for the Venture. Maybe carburetors will still be legal? I thoroughly checked out a new Voyager 2 weekends ago. I would trade my Victory Vision Tour Premium even Steven for it, but I am sure the Dealer would want more out of my pocket. I had hoped the Vision would be the perfect morphing of the GL1800 & VN2000, but nope. I am spoiled to Japanese transmissions.

Herb

Guest tx2sturgis
Joined this board just to search for 2010 rumors. I thought bikes had to be EFI by 2010, and I was really looking for what was up Royal Star's sleeve for the Venture. Maybe carburetors will still be legal?

Herb

The EPA does not specify which technologies the manufacturers must use, only the amount of emissions emitted per mile. A manufacturer can use any technology that meets the standards...such as EFI, catalytic converters, or any other method that keeps the exhaust gasses in spec.

So who knows. We'll see when they hit the market.

2) Fuel Injection/larger motor (and I take it casette player) - "there will be NO chages to next years model and all specifications are the same as the current model".

I wonder how true that is.... it would seem to me that any factory reps are gonna be tight-lipped if they even know anything until the company issues a formal statement.

If Kawasaki feels the market is there for a brand new tourer in 2009, then Yamaha will likely follow suit in 2010 (1 year after having the same scoot on the market for 10 yrs) ... I'll even bet there will be a 10th year Anniversary edition (in the 11th year).

??????????

It will be interesting to see but we've still got a while yet before anything public comes out I think.

If it's just a color change for 2010 I really hope they bring back the Midnight! Ya know I was just wondering why someone on the forum, (and I know we have a lot of smart guys an gals here) has not come with a aftermarket CD player to put in the dash.

Joined this board just to search for 2010 rumors. I thought bikes had to be EFI by 2010, and I was really looking for what was up Royal Star's sleeve for the Venture. Maybe carburetors will still be legal? I thoroughly checked out a new Voyager 2 weekends ago. I would trade my Victory Vision Tour Premium even Steven for it, but I am sure the Dealer would want more out of my pocket. I had hoped the Vision would be the perfect morphing of the GL1800 & VN2000, but nope. I am spoiled to Japanese transmissions.

Herb

A couplw weekends ago I was cruising by the local Kawasaki dealership in Oklahoma City. I stopped to look at the new Voyager. The dealer said thatthere would only be 1 per dealer for this year. He had already sold the only one he was going to have this year. Would not be getting any more and he had tried his butt off to get another one from another dealer. No Dice.

Just my experience here in OKC.

If it's just a color change for 2010 I really hope they bring back the Midnight!

I'm hoping that they put anything BUT black on the 2010. I'm, kind of, getting tired of the ___/black thing. Saw quite a few, very sharp looking, two tone Harleys around this week and none of them had any black on them. I specifically liked the blue/silver one I saw. :thumbsup2: :whistling: :2cents: