IGNORED

A Funny thing happened today(not really)

ronhenry4

today on my way home i was riding looking at all the sights on the hiway ( I-75) and i looked down at my foot for some reason and i noticed my lower wind vent was leaning backwards( not a good sign) so i tried to get over to the shoulder to fix it or remove it untill i got home and....... you guessed it off it comes at 70 mph on the hiway as i watched it in the mirror hit the ground and shatter and the metal part that bolts to the crash bar bounced all i could think was i hope this dont hit a car. well it didnt so i was lucky in that aspect... so if any one has the right side wind vent for a second gen and you want to part with it please let me know the bike still looks good from the left :confused24:

today on my way home i was riding looking at all the sights on the hiway ( I-75) and i looked down at my foot for some reason and i noticed my lower wind vent was leaning backwards( not a good sign) so i tried to get over to the shoulder to fix it or remove it untill i got home and....... you guessed it off it comes at 70 mph on the hiway as i watched it in the mirror hit the ground and shatter and the metal part that bolts to the crash bar bounced all i could think was i hope this dont hit a car. well it didnt so i was lucky in that aspect... so if any one has the right side wind vent for a second gen and you want to part with it please let me know the bike still looks good from the left :confused24:

First all, you have an 07, that part is replaceable under warranty. On my 05, I had both come off and both were replaced. Now you just have to find a dealer that does not BS you.

First all, you have an 07, that part is replaceable under warranty. On my 05, I had both come off and both were replaced. Now you just have to find a dealer that does not BS you.

these are the add ons i bought and installed the tinted ones sorry for the confusion

Yep.....and a lot cheaper than Loc-Tite too.

Boomer.....who reminds all that ya have to be sneaky when yer boosting yer wife's clear nail polish.

It's like you guys are a bunch of KLR650 owners. They(we) have the reputation of getting all our accessories by dumpster diving or modifying something from Walmart.

RR - Who's only cheap when it comes to women - but never easy.

Yep....CLEAR polish works great.

Boomer.....who would never use pink on the Scalded Ape.

He's right, clear nail polish works great as a locktite replacement. We used to use it on rifle scope mounts and rings. Worked great BUT you could still get the aluminum screws OUT later if you wanted to (unlike locktite which "locked" 'em in TIGHT:crying: and resulted in stripped threads when ya took 'em out.).....'Course I guess you COULD use colored polish if that's what floats yur boat:happy-emoticon: