IGNORED

Coumadin level

kbran

Well I'm still in the hospital and the coumadine level is being slow about coming up. The last couple days from 1.3, 1.6, and today 1.7. The level has to be 2 before he will let me go home. Normally takes about 5 days(yesterday). The cast was supposed to come off tuesday so we rescheduled for frid. This is a bummer and these 4 walls are closing in.

OH and all of you that submitted MD pics they were great, thanks.

Oh well enough crying.

Well I'm still in the hospital and the coumadine level is being slow about coming up. The last couple days from 1.3, 1.6, and today 1.7. The level has to be 2 before he will let me go home. Normally takes about 5 days(yesterday). The cast was supposed to come off tuesday so we rescheduled for frid. This is a bummer and these 4 walls are closing in.

OH and all of you that submitted MD pics they were great, thanks.

Oh well enough crying.

You need to be patient with the coumadin level. It is difficult to control and to get the dose just right. Everyone reacts a little different to coumadin. What your doctors don't want is the level to get too high which could create need for emergency care. Believe me, I know. I think it's great that the doctors are going to keep you right there until they get the dose level just right before they send you home and put you on a weekly schedule for checkups.

Joe

Went thru that Kenny. And when they sent me home they gave me a bunch of needles and told me "you give yourself these shots!!" Not going to happen!! I think the warden enjoyed it!!! If they get it where they want it you don't have to take the shots.

Shouldn't mess with a guy when he is down should I?

I got home but walls are still there. Insurance Companies are starting to fight. Looks like a long one!! I would like to know how it is to have a accident and the other party just says "my fault here is your money"

Just typing to give you something to read and me something to do I guess. I promised to stay down with it in elevated for the next 5 days!! oR DID I SAY 4???

Hang in there Bro it will get better.

Wanna race?? On crutches??

Went thru that Kenny. And when they sent me home they gave me a bunch of needles and told me "you give yourself these shots!!" Not going to happen!! I think the warden enjoyed it!!! If they get it where they want it you don't have to take the shots. He said he may let me go the weekend and I could come to the hospital to get the shots.

Shouldn't mess with a guy when he is down should I?

I got home but walls are still there. was just going to ask about you, haven't seen you on in a couple days

Insurance Companies are starting to fight. Looks like a long one!! I would like to know how it is to have a accident and the other party just says "my fault here is your money"

Just typing to give you something to read and me something to do I guess. I promised to stay down with it in elevated for the next 5 days!! oR DID I SAY 4???

Hang in there Bro it will get better.

Wanna race?? On crutches?? Getting pretty fast on them.

You hang in there to Dan, we keep thinking about you and hope it all works out.

Kenny Im having same prob with the cumaden level after getting home the nurse just left mine was 1.7 also needs to be higher. Do they have you wearing the ped socks and have the pressure cuffs on your leg. Im wishing you well and hope you get to go home soon. 5 days in hodpital aint fun.

Hope to see ya soon

John

Glad to hear things are getting better for you, it was quite upsetting to hear what was going on with you after we got the call..........but the good news is good to hear. Just think, you get to sit back and get waited on hand and foot while you watch them TIGERS go for another championship...............Geaux Tigers......

You hang in there and let Beth spoil you rotten...........Really hope you can make it to Vogel.........let me know if there is anything I can do. Charlene and I will keep you and your family in our prayers.......

God Bless

Lewis & Charlene

Kenny Im having same prob with the cumaden level after getting home the nurse just left mine was 1.7 also needs to be higher. Do they have you wearing the ped socks and have the pressure cuffs on your leg. Im wishing you well and hope you get to go home soon. 5 days in hodpital aint fun.

Hope to see ya soon

John

Good to hear from you John, no ped sock or press. cuff, I still have a cast on my right foot to above the calf on my leg. That's where mine is today 1.7. Getting the lovenox shot in the stomach and that will cease when it reaches 2. The shot are exp. too, $100 plus each. Don't know how much the ins. will pay if I go home and have to come each day and get one.

Waiting Kenny.... They kick you out today???

Funny you should ask. Just kidding, yes they did:clap2: just got home a little bit ago and then had a problem with my connection from my router and just got that figured out. The coumadin level today was at 1.9 so just to make sure for the weekend he let me go but I have to go to ER next 3 nights and get the lovenox shot. I'll go back to see the doc monday to recheck levels. Feels good to be home and after while will go and get this cast off.

Thanks to all of you for your prayers and well wishes, still have to keep an eye on it for a while but will be back in the saddle soon:thumbsup2:.

Dan, Just need to get you straight and we can meet and ride again. Praying for you buddy.

Glad you are home Kenny. Trying to talk the Warden into letting me try to make it outside to check out "Ugly" today. Not working too well so far but I "Talked" her into marrying me so I can talk when I need to!!

Take it easy and relax for a while and don't try to overdo it.

Kenny

I am glad things are working out. I am confused (normal)...what are those coumadin levels and what does that do? And what is a lovelax shot do?

Help this poor guard out please!

Coumadin is an aticoagulent, so it prevents the blood from cloting. The ptinr test is what is used to tell how long it takes for the blood to clot and I think how much it clots. If these levels were to high any little bruise could cause internal bleeding, as well as a cut could cause you to bleed to death, because the blood would not clot at all or take too long. Lovenox is also an anticoagulent and althou works diffrently and it is used to break up or disolve existing clots so the boody can absorb them. It is given until the coumadin levels are reached to take care of any existing or new clots.

This answere may not be 100% accurate but it is my understanding of it.