IGNORED

ZUMO 550 Owners--help

Double D

OK, I love my Zumo 550 but I just can not hear it. What am I doing wrong. I have it attached inside the faring just like the article explained. I have the volume on the Zumo set at 100% and I have the AUX volume set at 30 and I can bearly hear it at 50 MPH. As you all know I do not have loud pipes. It is no better wheather I use the Head phones or speakers. Do I have a bad unit or did my wife buy a $600 gift :mo money:that-- in my opinion--sucks--:confused24:

David try this with you Zumo in the cradle on the bike turn it on and push both the volume up and volume down buttons at the same time and a graph for the internal volume will come up adjust that one up to 100%.

Ron

Everything mentioned above is good advise. The only thing I can add is that if you are splitting the signal going into the AUX connector that might be the problem. I had pretty much the same problem when I split the AUX to go to the ZUMO and to a MP3 player. It's also possible that you have a bad cable that you are running from the Zumo to the AUX connector.

Hopefully you will find the problem with one of these responses.

Everything mentioned above is good advise. The only thing I can add is that if you are splitting the signal going into the AUX connector that might be the problem. I had pretty much the same problem when I split the AUX to go to the ZUMO and to a MP3 player. It's also possible that you have a bad cable that you are running from the Zumo to the AUX connector.

Hopefully you will find the problem with one of these responses.

Yea, what he said! I have had similar problems with several devices plugged in to the aux inputs. One item at a time is best.

There are a couple of different volume controls on the Zumo. There is one for music, and a seperate one for the direction chick. Make sure you turned up the correct one.

RR

Don't forget the "master" volume. There's THREE volume controls on the 550. The main one is the "Master" volume and it's the one most people miss adjusting, and likely it's the one causing this problem.

If you're only using the internal volume control where you see the two 100% bars, you have not completely adjusted the volume for the unit. Make sure those are at 100%, and then with the screen on a map, press the lower left button on the edge of unit...you'll see a vertical volume "level" bar come on on the ride side of the panel, use your +/- buttons on the left side to move the "master" volume up or down.

Curt

Don't forget the "master" volume. There's THREE volume controls on the 550. The main one is the "Master" volume and it's the one most people miss adjusting, and likely it's the one causing this problem.

If you're only using the internal volume control where you see the two 100% bars, you have not completely adjusted the volume for the unit. Make sure those are at 100%, and then with the screen on a map, press the lower left button on the edge of unit...you'll see a vertical volume "level" bar come on on the ride side of the panel, use your +/- buttons on the left side to move the "master" volume up or down.

Curt

Curt---:banana:I did just what you said and found that the master volume was set at just above half way. I put it to the max and will test it out tomorrow on my way to work. This is why I love this site. The answer to most all of our questions can be answered right here. :banana:

My fall back plan is that Garmin told me that they would replace the unit.

I will let you know how it sounds tomorrow.:biker:

Curt , now ya got me thinking.. I am not sure if I have ever tried that

option before, I am gunna see if mine is all the way up after work today!

Thanks for the tip.. I have mine running through the AMP anyways and

have plenty of Volume. if what your saying is correct now I can really

have that lady yell at me! :D Also I need to change my commands to say you

made a wrong turn dummy , things like that. there is a program now that does that

stuff but have not played with it yet.

Jeff

I didn't know there was a volume control on the Zumo, been using the control on the Venture control box.

David is right, this is one awesome site, more information here than any dealership or tech help.

THANKS AGAIN !!

I really stupid now,:bang head: after complaining to Garmin--the problem is all fixed. Coming in to work this morning I only had to use the volume on the bike at around 18 to hear everything really clear in the speakers and the headsets.

:thumbsup: THANKS CURT!!!!!

Now I have to explain to Garmin that I don't need an exchange after all. :doh:

• 1 year later...

Curt

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, wished I'd a checked here sooner. :bang head: