IGNORED

What Pipes For A 2000 RSV?

I'm new to the Venture world. Just picked up my 2000 Vivid Red Cocktail Venture on Wed. Was just curious what kinds of pipes people are using? A buddy of mine had a 99 a few yrs back and he had Bub's Big Willy's I believe on his and I loved the sound. I'm not looking for loud and obnoxious. Just something to get noticed.

I put Harley Road King mufflers on my 2007 RSV. Not noisy but just enough rumble to be noticed. Plus the boss doesn't mind them. There are ways to open them up more and you'll find that info here if you search road king mufflers

Good Luck with your search.

BTW - you'll want to look around this site and gather info - lotta good stuff here

I put Harley Road King mufflers on my 2007 RSV. Not noisy but just enough rumble to be noticed. Plus the boss doesn't mind them. There are ways to open them up more and you'll find that info here if you search road king mufflers

Good Luck with your search.

BTW - you'll want to look around this site and gather info - lotta good stuff here

I have similar HD slipons on mine, a nice low rumble (the colder outside the deeper the rumble ;)

If you go big pipes, also go big air with K&N air filters for more kick in the pants.. but at the slight price of fuel economy.. you won't be able to go as far as someone with a stock bike..

Keep in mind, for HD pipes or the like, there is a special plate mount you'll need to make it work.. ensure the pipes come with it.. Search around here for those, mine were included with the pipes.

Cheers

I have a thing for the Baron's 4-2-4s (without the Jewel tips). I love the look of the four exhaust pipes sticking out the back. I haven't gotten them yet, but hey, those are the pipes I'm lusting for.

I have the 4-2-4's on my new-to-me 99. Rode it home from Wichita Kansas, over 800 miles. Did NOT get offensive, but sure sound authoritative! And I also really like the looks of these!

Joe

I have Road King slash cut on my 07 midnight sound great. If you go with HD`s I have 2 sets for sale One set punched out the other stock both sets in great shape. Good luck.

What does it mean when you say "punched out" ? Do you have to change anything in settings to ride those?

Drop me a line..

Cheers

If you want good sound without spending a lot of money, take a dremel tool, reach up in the back of your stock mufflers and cut the output tube into all the way around.

then shove the tube up in the muffler to the side. Sound good not too loud and best of all you can not tell you did anything to the mufflers.

If you want more details e-mail me, will be glad to help.

Gregg