IGNORED

Does this mean we've made the big-time?

Russ

So I was checking out Microsoft's new search engine http://www.bing.com and searched for 1986 Venture Royale.. and I discovered that there's actually a wikipedia entry for the 1st Gen VR's... and Venturerider.org is in the article!

From the article:

The web brought about many online clubs. VentureRider.org http://www.venturerider.org is the largest and most active of these clubs with members worldwide and regular meetings (VentureIns) and more informal get-togethers throughout North America and Europe. It also has a great technical resource for all model years as well as a classifieds area for those looking to buy and/or sell.

In addition, it's got some of our events, past and future, listed! Here's the link if ya'll want to check it out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yamaha_Venture_Royale

I think somebody on here actually did that. I just can't remember who.

Margaret

+1 to that. It was definitely someone here that wrote the Wiki entry. I remember them asking for information and pictures, but I too can't remember who it was. :confused24:

Don (Freebird) started it off. I took it and tried to expand, organize, and add references so that it wouldn't wind up purged. (They have a Wikipedia isn't a personal blog philosophy.) Some of the club stuff has been purged in the past. I try to keep it from sounding like an advert so the club section can remain.

Here's the root link for all the Yamaha Venture stuff.

By the way, one and all, a Wikipedia page is really never done. Got something to add? Feel free. I'm trying to make it look respectable, but I certainly don't own it. Just keep in mind that if we get too brazen about the club stuff it'll be purged by Wikipedia's moderation staff. I'm just one of a bazillion editors. All you gotta do for that is sign up. No power or authority goes with it. Got something you'd like me to add or correct? Just let me know and I'll see what I can do. Wikipedia mark-up is pretty simple, but that sort of thing isn't everyone's cup of tea.

I don't know the precise dates, but, I believe that the commentary on the Tour Deluxe is wrong as regards the introduction date. It says 2005 and I know of bikes, including my own, going back at least as early as 1997, 1998 time-frame.

It is neat to see the information there, though!!

Edited by autopilot
grammar

I don't know the precise dates, but, I believe that the commentary on the Tour Deluxe is wrong as regards the introduction date. It says 2005 and I know of bikes, including my own, going back at least as early as 1997, 1998 time-frame.

It is neat to see the information there, though!!

Well, there's a Tour Deluxe and a Tourdeluxe. If you start with the Yamaha Venture page you'll find links to Yamaha Venture Royale, Yamaha Royal Star (including the Tourdeluxe), Yamaha Royal Star Venture, and Yamaha Royal Star Tour Deluxe.