IGNORED

Bike Cleaning

Reed

Has amy one found a good way to clean the fins on the moter? Any products that you can spray on & wash off that work? or what kind of brush works well? I to have spent a lot of money on things that don't work!:mo money: "THANKS"

I just use the handle of a toothbrush and one of those micro fiber rags..

The flat end section of the toothbrush fits between each fin real nice and the rag cleans it very well.

Tried something different this time.

I sprayed down the entire carb bank, and engine with a big can of WD-40, let it sit for 30 min. then hit the whole thing again with a mix of 409, and soap, let that sit, Then gave it a water blast with my High Pressure Sprayer.

Ahhh its clean now. But be sure to re - lubricate all the carb linkage parts, etc. etc.

The best and fastest cleaner..... Scrubbing Bubbles foaming bathroom cleaner. Spray it on your warm fins and leave it a few minutes, then just rinse it off. Great cleaner and won't harm anything. Been using it for years now.

Cheers,

Steve

The best and fastest cleaner..... Scrubbing Bubbles foaming bathroom cleaner. Spray it on your warm fins and leave it a few minutes, then just rinse it off. Great cleaner and won't harm anything. Been using it for years now.

Cheers,

Steve

:2cents: Careful with the scrubbing bubbles on clear coated aluminum parts and polycarbonates. I sprayed mine down one fine day, got an emergency phone call and had to leave the bike for about two hours. When I came back I had streaks on the front forks and wind deflectors that are still there a year later. :doh:

Etched the surface. This is exactly why I wouldn't want to use it on paint. It will be pretty hard on paint. And I wouldn't leave it on the bare aluminum fins any longer than necessary. Of course, emergencies interrupt things sometimes.

I found an engine degreaser at the auto part store that is in a aerosol can that comes out of the knozzle as a expanding foam. (Like Scrubbing Bubbles)Spray on let foam sit and work untill it desolves into liquid and runs off carring dirt and grease with it then hose it off with high pressure water and it's clean. Shines chrome up good and doesn't seem to hurt anything else. If you got a really dirty spot you can use a brush with it while it is foamy.

i've been using Scrubbing Bubbles for several years now with no problems. I guess I just don't leave it on there long enough to have problems. If you use it like I do I've had no problems. I wet the bike. I then spray the whole bike with the stuff. i let it sit a few minutes and rince it off. No problems. Now bugs and caked stuff need extra clleaning, but it works for me with most stuff. If therea a better, safer product that does as good, I'm all eyes and ears :missingtooth:

Cheers,

Steve

Greetings...

I can add to that too. Was looking around the house for some ammonia, noticed the Girl Friend had stocked the bathroom cupboard with a can of Scrubbing Bubbles, then noticed that the tub/shower was also clean! Took it out and sprayed it on, let the bubbles run off, then wiped the Tersiphone down with a sponge, and went Huh! Stuff works good!...

So I put the GF on the back of my nice sparkling Bike and took her out to dinner for cleaning the bathroom!...