Hi,

I can not find the answer on any of the threads. I have purchased the Stebel Nautilus compact horn and an Amanet preassembled wiring kit. I installed the wiring kit as described but when I power the bike the horn starts sounding immediately. Somehow the wiring is not correct. The description says that I should connect one wire from the set to the power wire of the old horn. There are two wires connected to the old horn, a red one and a brown one, and when I connect the wire set to either one the result is the same. What am I doing wrong? Is there anyone out there who purchased the Amanet Plug and Play wiring harnes modell SNPNP successfully?

Thanks,

Robert:crying:

Haven't used one of those wiring harnesses and considering that they're a gentric set up may be completely backward from the Ventures requirements. Can you post on here the wiring harnesses wiring schematic. Knowing how they want you to hook it up could tell us what you need to do to correct it.

If it's causing the horn to imediately sound when the key is turned on you're bypassing the horn button portion of the bikes circuit.

Larry

Here's a partial copy of the wiring instructions I send out with my horn brackets.

Wiring is fairly simple as well since the horn kit comes with a 30 amp relay. You will use the existing stock horn wires to activate the relay, which in turn will power the horn. 14 or 16 gauge wire is recommended to get full power to the horn from the battery lead, as well as the ground.

Using a 15 amp fused line direct from the + post of the battery connect the wire to #30 on the relay. Then run a wire from the #87 post of the relay to the + terminal of the horn. Next run a wire from the -- terminal of the horn to a ground location. I used the same place as the battery cable goes to and the horn bracket fastens to the engine case.

Plug the Brown connector of the stock horn into the # 86 post of the relay and the Pink wire connector to the #85 post of the relay. You can bend over the terminals once you put the wires on to gain more clearance for the exhaust pipe.

Note: The Brown wire of the stock horn could be a different color depending on the year of the bike. Regardless of color though it will have power to it when the key is turned on. You can use a 12 volt test light or a volt/ohm meter to be sure. The Pink wire goes to the horn button.

In operation the relay will have full battery voltage at the #30 post of the relay as long as you have a good fuse & connections. The #86 post is on when the ignition is turned on. Once you hit the horn button it will ground the contacts inside the relay and allow power to go to the #87 post which then activates the horn. You must still have a good ground for the horn to work though.

You can use the wiring harness you bought. Just be sure the wires coming from the relay match up with the locations on the bike per my instruction. You should be good then.

Larry

Larry , I got the bracket yesterday! Nice work! :happy65:

Umm.......... I think I have a plug in play coming with

my horn as well. I hope it will not be this much trouble as

beche14 is having. still no horn yet , wonder if it even shipped yet? :scratchchin:

But I do have your instructions~ :D

Jeff

You might test the Horn, Just run two wires from the horn terminals, and touch them to the proper Bat Terminals, just to make sure the Horn actually works.

Double check the Terminal Numbers on the Relay. First get the Control wireing correct, ie. Relay Clickes when you hit the horn button.

Then use Ohm meter across the two power studs, to make sure, the contacts open and close when relay clicks. ( might be a bad relay, if so, get a Bosh Relay, from Auto parts store ) ( Bosh Relays, are the Best!!!! ) ( Quality )

then hook up the power, from battery thru the power contacts of relay, and on to the Horn.

ie; Think like and Electrician, One wire at a time,

With all the help and suggestions I finally managed to connect the horn properly and hear the loud PAAAAAP when I pushed the horn switch. Great!

FYI, the prewired plug and play set from Amanet includes one blue wire which is not used because of the specific Venture set up.

:thumbsup:Robert

With all the help and suggestions I finally managed to connect the horn properly and hear the loud PAAAAAP when I pushed the horn switch. Great!

FYI, the prewired plug and play set from Amanet includes one blue wire which is not used because of the specific Venture set up.

:thumbsup:Robert

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2: