IGNORED

First ride

bigbob

since my crash in Aug. 29- 08. Got me a 2009 V star Tourer last monday. Looked at for a whole week before getting enought nerve to get on and try it. This morning was a super nice day, so I put on a heavey pair of wool sockes cause I was getting cold feet. After1/2 a block I was good to go. Went for a 120 mile ride, man did that feel good. Suppose to rain all next week. Now that I know that I can handle it can't wait to go again.

Ride safe Bob.:big-grin-emoticon::big-grin-emoticon:

Your gonna love the 1300, I assume thats the V Star you bought, I love mine, I just installed a batwing faring on mine, got CB, Sirius, FRS radio,and FM. Got to get more light on the b ack of it, it sure is lacking there................

If you want some good info on the V Star check out this forum.....lots of good info there, similar to this one, but not quite the family we are here.

Vstar Forums

Hi Bob!

I am real glad youre back! I think youll love the new Scoot! But where are the pics? It was a gorgeous day on Sunday wasnt it, glad you too the opportunity to enjoy! If i woulda know you were out and around I coulda rode out to meet up with you, I rode about 6 hours on mine on Sunday just soaking up the sunshine and heat.

Brian

I hope you can make it to the ride on MAy 16th to Moose Jaw and then out to Tessac2's place.

Hi Bob!

I am real glad youre back! I think youll love the new Scoot! But where are the pics? It was a gorgeous day on Sunday wasnt it, glad you too the opportunity to enjoy! If i woulda know you were out and around I coulda rode out to meet up with you, I rode about 6 hours on mine on Sunday just soaking up the sunshine and heat.

Brian

I hope you can make it to the ride on MAy 16th to Moose Jaw and then out to Tessac2's place.

Hi Brian.

For sure I plan on being there.

Where are we meeting and what time?

Bigbob,

I got to try out my new scoot today too! Just got in from Lethbridge...what a ride. Two problems so far. Cruise control didn't work and my headset just squealed when I plugged it in. Not sure what is going on there as the headset used to work in the old Venture.

Brian....Count me in for May 16 too. Again, when and where? Also, have you contacted Tessas's wife to tell her a bunch may show up unannounced? Be a pity to show up and nobody home?

Edited by BJB
attach photos

Bob...we are so thrilled for you! I can understand the weak knees and cold feet..I get them every spring when first starting out. It would be worse after the type of incident you had.

How does the bike fit you? A big fella like you would be like a bear on a scooter! Anyway, we cant wait to see you again with your new toy.

Congrats my friend.

Bob, Glad to see you are back in the saddle. :happy34: I understand the "feeling" of getting back on the beast :yikes: I'm still waiting ?(since Dec. 07) and when I finally get to try again it's going to be winter here :cold::cold:bugger!! Anyway, enjoy the ride

never ride faster than your guardian angel:2133:can fly

Glad you're back in the saddle. After I was busted up, a couple of years ago, everyone told me "You've got to be crazy getting back on that bike". Yea, crazy like a fox! If it's in your blood, it's in your blood.

:Venture:Ride safe.