IGNORED

still looking for parts...

Well Dudes and Dudettes,

Wizard of Wheels in Crete IL still hasn't returned my parts. It's been almost a year and I got so fed up I bought a new Goldwing. However, I'd still like to get the RSV running so that I can sell it, turn it into a chopper, or something fun. I searched high and low and finally figured out how to contact Yamaha Corporation headquatered in California. My idea was to get a parts list complete with prices, purchase the parts I need to at least get the bike running, and then sue the dealer for the total cost of replacement parts. Well, it seemed like a good idea, but was quickly shut down as Yamaha has a policy of not selling body parts to individuals -- only dealers! So, not only have I been royally screwed by the owner of Wizard of Wheels in Crete IL, but now I'm going to have to go to another dealer and pay a higher replacement price for what I need! This is wrong on many levels and it's making me crazy. So, if anyone has a bead on a pair of lower cowlings for a 99 RSV, please contact me. The bike will not run correctly without those two plastic pieces. There was a pair on eBay, but the price had an automatic bid attached and I wasn't going to get sucked into a bidding war with an unknown buyer.

chuck

Well Dudes and Dudettes,

Wizard of Wheels in Crete IL still hasn't returned my parts. It's been almost a year and I got so fed up I bought a new Goldwing. However, I'd still like to get the RSV running so that I can sell it, turn it into a chopper, or something fun. I searched high and low and finally figured out how to contact Yamaha Corporation headquatered in California. My idea was to get a parts list complete with prices, purchase the parts I need to at least get the bike running, and then sue the dealer for the total cost of replacement parts. Well, it seemed like a good idea, but was quickly shut down as Yamaha has a policy of not selling body parts to individuals -- only dealers! So, not only have I been royally screwed by the owner of Wizard of Wheels in Crete IL, but now I'm going to have to go to another dealer and pay a higher replacement price for what I need! This is wrong on many levels and it's making me crazy. So, if anyone has a bead on a pair of lower cowlings for a 99 RSV, please contact me. The bike will not run correctly without those two plastic pieces. There was a pair on eBay, but the price had an automatic bid attached and I wasn't going to get sucked into a bidding war with an unknown buyer.

chuck

Hey Chuck,

Have you checked any plaaces that part out bikes? Like Pinwall Cycle parts in Ohio? You may be able to find what you need at some of those places. I've dealt with Pinwall and they're pretty reasonable.

Thanks for all of the ideas. I checked out the place in Ohio, but they don't have the cowlings. Aparently, these are hot items.

As for the dealer, I've contacted Yamaha headquarters and they have a representative working on it. Of course, she cannot be rushed and is waiting for the dealer to return her calls. Won't happen. I've filed with the better business bureau, but there are two claims against him already and he is not responding to their inquiries according to the website. I've now written a letter to a honcho at Yamaha hoping to get some help. I have 3 more weeks of school before I'm out for the summer. Once I'm out, I can spend more time pursuing this fiasco. My first step will be to go to the local police department and swear out a complaint to see if I can get the guy arrested. If the locals won't do it, I'll try the AG. If I don't get any help from Yamaha by the first of July, I will write to the Fixer in the SunTimes. I should have enough documentation by then. The only reason I haven't gone to a lawyer yet is because I'm fairly certain this guy is going to declare bankruptcy soon and I don't want to be out the parts and lawyer's fees. In the meantime, I'm enjoying my new goldwing and will keep the faith that sooner or later it will all work out. The one thing I can't do is lose my temper. I'll remain calm. I'll meditate. I'll imagine it's a beautifully bright day and that I'm next to a cool, bubbling stream. The water is brilliant blue and white and in it's transparency I can clearly see the reflection of this #$%! dealer frantically struggling to grab some air as I hold his head firmly beneath the waves. Ahhh, tranquility.

The one thing I can't do is lose my temper. I'll remain calm. I'll meditate. I'll imagine it's a beautifully bright day and that I'm next to a cool, bubbling stream. The water is brilliant blue and white and in it's transparency I can clearly see the reflection of this #$%! dealer frantically struggling to grab some air as I hold his head firmly beneath the waves. Ahhh, tranquility.

THAT would be the Chuck we know.........:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

When we gonna get to see the wing?

The Moosewing is out and about. I've managed to get over 1000 miles on it and it runs sweet. As soon as school lets out I'll make sure I'm more visible on the website as well as at some of the M&Es. I'm still waiting for our nephew to confirm whether or not I'm meeting him in DC to administer his oath for his next Navy term. Once I find out, I'll know if I can make the maintenance day. Regardless, I'll be seeing you soon. Thanks for keeping in touch.

chuck