Try a DayLong seat. I have never heard anything but the best about the Daylong seat. In fact the words I have heard is "like a recliner". With the back seat redone, the price is a little less than a Corbin. The biggest problem with Daylong is that it uses the same seat pan so you have to take the seat off and mail it, therein losing the use of the bike for 2-3 weeks. http://www.day-long.com

Corbin's are nice when they are made right but Buyer beware I bought a new set from them 12/15/2008 got them end of Feb 09. they came in wrong (I sent pics to them) they had me ship them back (on my Dime cost me $60.00) . I got them back 2 months later they where made wrong again now they said if I want them fix I have to pay for it. $700.00 dolors later I do not have seats that fit right and 700.00 out of pocket.

That just down right sucks. I hate it when companies pull that mess. I bought my Corbin used from a fellow member years ago and love it and it fit perfectly but for the price they charge new, there should be ZERO problems and if there is a problem, you should not even be paying return shipping, much less the cost for a complete new seat. It seems that many of these seat companies have a lot to learn about customer service. I previously had a TravelCade Roadsofa that I hated and wanted them to work on for me. They never answered a single email that I sent to them. It was a terrible fit, about a 1" gap between the nose of the seat and the gas tank. That was just one problem but there were major comfort issues also. I was willing to pay for the modifications but they wouldn't even respond.

Corbin's are nice when they are made right but Buyer beware I bought a new set from them 12/15/2008 got them end of Feb 09. they came in wrong (I sent pics to them) they had me ship them back (on my Dime cost me $60.00) . I got them back 2 months later they where made wrong again now they said if I want them fix I have to pay for it. $700.00 dolors later I do not have seats that fit right and 700.00 out of pocket.

Not to defend Corbin, but what exactly was the problem that the saddle wasn't built right, and how did you ship the saddle back that it ran you $60 bucks??

Last year on our way down to San Luis Obispo a group of us toured the factory, and I saw a company that was very attentive to the customers needs. The only thing they were adamant about was the stiffness of their seat, and from what I have read they've relented a bit on that too... Being stonewalled and told to buy another seat after not having the seat problem corrected the first time just doesn't compute. Need more data....

Try a DayLong seat. I have never heard anything but the best about the Daylong seat. In fact the words I have heard is "like a recliner". With the back seat redone, the price is a little less than a Corbin. The biggest problem with Daylong is that it uses the same seat pan so you have to take the seat off and mail it, therein losing the use of the bike for 2-3 weeks. www.day-long.com

Thanks for the info but I got the used Corbin in Thursday and took it for a 300 mile ride Saturday. It was very comfortable. At $250 I figured I couldn't go wrong and it is the STAR edition which is $1200 out of the STAR catalog. Thanks for the new seat website I'll take a look at it for future reference.

Harry:thumbsup2:

That just down right sucks. I hate it when companies pull that mess. I bought my Corbin used from a fellow member years ago and love it and it fit perfectly but for the price they charge new, there should be ZERO problems and if there is a problem, you should not even be paying return shipping, much less the cost for a complete new seat. It seems that many of these seat companies have a lot to learn about customer service. I previously had a TravelCade Roadsofa that I hated and wanted them to work on for me. They never answered a single email that I sent to them. It was a terrible fit, about a 1" gap between the nose of the seat and the gas tank. That was just one problem but there were major comfort issues also. I was willing to pay for the modifications but they wouldn't even respond.

I agree with Don, I had a two scratches that are not very noticeable but I figured I would contact Corbin and see if I could buy some stain and touch up the seat. I also had an issue with the back rest. It did not move as it was all rusted up so I asked Corbin also how the back rest was suppose to move because I didn't want to break it by forcing it the wrong way. Well Corbin's answer was short and sweet. Corbin does not sell leather stain and I can look at there web site to get my answer about the seat adjustment. Well I had already checked the Corbin web site and I could not find any information that stated how the back rest was suppose to adjust only that it had a screw in the back for adjustment. Now considering how much their seat are I thought a little more customer service was in order even though I bought it second hand it was still their seat.

Another issue Don points out about a company that didn't even reply to his email. I can relate to that also, I set Clearview Windshield two emails asking about an issue with my Clearview Windshield I have never gotten an email from Clearview. I figure that if these two companies don't provide service after the sale then neither company will receive any business or recommendations from me in the future.

Harry:no-no-no::thumbdown:

Interesting reading all the posts---spare a thought for us over here:fiddle:Corbin seats too expensive AND we don't have memory foam either !! As always it's the crap foam in OEM seats thats the problem, I have spent a fotune over the years trying to get my seat comfy, and having to use normal foam ain't easy. The answer this time for the venture seat is thanks to this site and member Rick Butler:bowdown: going with his seat mods and he is cutting the foam before sending it over to me :happy65::happy65:then hopefully I will finally have a good seat for this rather bent and buckled body

never ride faster than your guardian angel:2133:can fly

Im very happy with my Corbin now and havent had any trouble dealing with them. I always felt my seat was too hard so I talked to tech and for just the price of shipping the rebuilt my seat with a softer form and now its much better. I thought they were very easy to deal with too. I guess its just who you talk too there.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest royalstar59

Hello,

Is there somebody out there who can tell me if a corbin gunfighter seat (YRS-G) fits on a Royal Star Tour Deluxe 2005? I had a Corbin on my previous bike (honda magna) and just loved it. Specially the gunfighter model gave me support in the lower back area.

Thanks.

Royalstar59

:hurts:

Just did 2100 miles on my new Corbin seat. ('98 Royal Star) No problems. Yeah they are harder, but like others have said, it holds your butt in the right place and keeps you from sliding around.

My only issue is that the passenger portion is about 1" higher (than orighinal), which makes it harder to install and remove, even with the tall backrest.

Overall, I'd buy another.

To each his own,, I can't stand Corbin seats, kills my behind.. I love the pillow top stock seat, and have no problem riding 500 miles or more a day on it.

+1. No experience with a Corbin on the Venture, but on my 07 FJR it was like sitting on a brick! Way too hard to be comfortable IMO. However, with that said, a lot of folks like 'em. Guess it's a good thing everyone's not alike:whistling: