IGNORED

First Pictures of the new Mrs.

highwayrydr

Hope it worked?

Still in progress of completion. left bag is not on it right now. had an opening problem. There is a wire for teh antenna but it is getting relocated cause i took off the trunk. It will get paint this fall. Thinking Metal Flake orange?

Edited by highwayrydr

geesh. I didnt' realize that the white was so cool. haha and yeah it is a M/M. i bought it wrecked. have about 6 grand in it. maybe another couple hundred to go, and it will be road ready. We will see. I thought that the Metal flake would be cool. Maybe Candy apple red, or somethign that pops. no?:think:

Part of the whole paint thing was that it is going to need a new fender on the front .. eventually (its drivabel) but its damaged good. And there are lots of knicks and scratches in it.. (guy before me wrecked it) Its fine from like 10 feet away but the closer you get the uglier it is.. i dont know anyway its all a dream. im sure you know how it gets.

So I came home today (I'm in school so I don't have a place for my bike for two weeks). Dad was getting his RSV ready and mine right behind his. I tore the thing apart, removed the CD changer cable, fairing, headlight, and some other thing that i have no idea what it was.. but it wasn't factory, Some headseat cellular transponder thing. Anyhow. the bike looks crazy now with all the guts exposed. Was wondering. Does the bike run without the CB black box under the trunk?

I have seen RSV's and TD's in Orange and I liked them. I know some of the boys are passionate about the MM's but paint it whatever color you want, it will truly be unique then and have your signature on it. I was going to change the color of my '99 to a 2 tone orange and copper color before the rear tire blew out and totalled it

:doh:

....I know some of the boys are passionate about the MM's but paint it whatever color you want, it will truly be unique then and have your signature on it.

I am one of those boys that is passionate about the MM, however, I agree with what Squidley said. You should paint it whatever color you choose. But, just in case you want to stay with the original color scheme, the previous owner of MyPalomino (MM #538) had some extra paint for the MM which he was going to sell to me for something like $150.00. That was last year. I never got around to purchasing the paint, but he may still have it. He was (may still be) a member of this forum. His user ID is JoeMcDermott. He lives somewhere in New Jersey, I think. He was a very helpful guy and a pleasure to communicate with.

BTW, the paint was a perfect match, as he had used it to touch up the paint on MyPalomino before he traded it in at a BMW dealer in Jersey...where I bought the bike.

A Venture by any color, will still ride as sweet.

Jerry

Hope it worked?

Still in progress of completion...It will get paint this fall. Thinking Metal Flake orange?

I saw these pix on the Star Touring website and thought about your thread. Here are a couple pix of a Venture in orange. Orange or white, it'll look great.

Jerry

Unplug the CB box and remove it, the only change will be it doesn't show up on your audio controller. The same is true for the cassette player.

Thank you. I am having Serious troubles with the radio. I got the bike road ready and started her up. and the radio no longer worked. Worked before it tore it down. had to replace headlight bulb (what a pain in the rectum) battery, and air filters. I machined a bracket for the antenna and i thought i was ready to go. But the radio just dont work no mo!!. but i will just ride it as is for now. Just bought insurance. register saturday morning and have it inspected... then im on the road!!.

I saw these pix on the Star Touring website and thought about your thread. Here are a couple pix of a Venture in orange. Orange or white, it'll look great.

Jerry

That is different...Does that not look like a big ole fishing lure or it is just me.

I am sorry...I had to look twice to see how many hooks it had on it.

Folks need to paint their bike any color they want...make it yours with any modification you can live with good or bad. It really don't matter what others think...:thumbsup:

Guest tx2sturgis

Folks need to paint their bike any color they want...make it yours with any modification you can live with good or bad. It really don't matter what others think...:thumbsup:

Well actually, it does matter what others think, if you ever want to sell it!!

:stickpoke: