IGNORED

Who's good at math

brewser23

Found this on another site and thought some may enjoy it.

This will Mess With Your Head.

Three (3)3 MEN GO INTO A MOTEL.

THE MAN BEHIND THE DESK SAID THE ROOM IS $30.00.

SO EACH MAN PAID $10 AND WENT TO THE ROOM.

A WHILE LATER THE MAN BEHIND THE DESK REALIZED

THE ROOM WAS ONLY $25,SO HE SENT THE BELLBOY

TO THE 3 GUYS' ROOM WITH$5.

ON THE WAY, THE BELLBOY COULDN'T FIGURE OUT

HOW TO SPLIT $5 EVENLY BETWEEN 3 MEN,

SO HE GAVE EACH MAN A $1 AND

KEPT THE OTHER$2 FOR HIMSELF.

THIS MEANT THAT THE 3 MEN EACH PAID $9FOR THE ROOM,

WHICH IS A TOTAL OF $ 27,

ADD THE $2 THAT THE BELLBOY KEPT = $29.

Where is the other $1.00!!!!

:think:

Found this on another site and thought some may enjoy it.

This will Mess With Your Head.

Three (3)3 MEN GO INTO A MOTEL.

THE MAN BEHIND THE DESK SAID THE ROOM IS $30.00.

SO EACH MAN PAID $10 AND WENT TO THE ROOM.

A WHILE LATER THE MAN BEHIND THE DESK REALIZED

THE ROOM WAS ONLY $25,SO HE SENT THE BELLBOY

TO THE 3 GUYS' ROOM WITH$5.

ON THE WAY, THE BELLBOY COULDN'T FIGURE OUT

HOW TO SPLIT $5 EVENLY BETWEEN 3 MEN,

SO HE GAVE EACH MAN A $1 AND

KEPT THE OTHER$2 FOR HIMSELF.

THIS MEANT THAT THE 3 MEN EACH PAID $9FOR THE ROOM,

WHICH IS A TOTAL OF $ 27,

ADD THE $2 THAT THE BELLBOY KEPT = $29.

Where is the other $1.00!!!!

:think:

Wouldn't you subtract the $2 that the bellboy kept? That makes it $25 dollars which the hotel has.

Okay, here is the geek in me.

They actually paid $28 for the room. Room was actually $25 + $3 given back = $28 and $2 was kept by the bell boy totaling $30. The gentlemen in the room were oblivious to the actual cost, thus the belief they paid $27 because they each got a dollar back is built on a faulty premise.

if the room cost $25 (not 30) that means each man should have paid $8.33333. Since they only got a dollar returned, they were shortchanged and that's where the "other dollar" is (so to speak). The "reverse" math doesn't add up because of that (you're using 9 instead of 8.33333).

something like that

Yeah, Yeah....

The question is wrong. If the hotel return 5$, they payed 9$ total = 27$ - 2$ (Bell Boy auto-tip) is the 25$ the hotel costs.

You're start to make maths as the credit cards, amount never match with the real expenses.

BTW, you 'll not believe this (And it is real): Finish paying one of my Credit Cards and cancel it. So, they send me a bill for 30 cents, due to interest differences.

Then I sent a check for 50 cents (Mail stamp not included). After three months I keep receiving credit card statements in my account (Obviously not closed) with 20 cents credit.

As I got tired of the waste paper (and trying to be nice with the environment),I called Citibank. The amazing logic was: since there is money there the account cannot be closed. Only solution is that they should sent me a check for the 20 cents, in order to finish this.

So, after 41 cents later ( and USPS thanks I believe), I got my check for 20 cents....

I hope I don't receive any more statements....

I'm waiting to have something else to do before to go to the bank. I'll not spent 20 cents in gas to drive...

Regards,

:scorched:

Okay, here is the geek in me.

They actually paid $28 for the room. Room was actually $25 + $3 given back = $28 and $2 was kept by the bell boy totaling $30. The gentlemen in the room were oblivious to the actual cost, thus the belief they paid $27 because they each got a dollar back is built on a faulty premise.

Dang, now that there is impressive.

Yeah, Yeah....

The question is wrong. If the hotel return 5$, they payed 9$ total = 27$ - 2$ (Bell Boy auto-tip) is the 25$ the hotel costs.

You're start to make maths as the credit cards, amount never match with the real expenses.

BTW, you 'll not believe this (And it is real): Finish paying one of my Credit Cards and cancel it. So, they send me a bill for 30 cents, due to interest differences.

Then I sent a check for 50 cents (Mail stamp not included). After three months I keep receiving credit card statements in my account (Obviously not closed) with 20 cents credit.

As I got tired of the waste paper (and trying to be nice with the environment),I called Citibank. The amazing logic was: since there is money there the account cannot be closed. Only solution is that they should sent me a check for the 20 cents, in order to finish this.

So, after 41 cents later ( and USPS thanks I believe), I got my check for 20 cents....

I hope I don't receive any more statements....

I'm waiting to have something else to do before to go to the bank. I'll not spent 20 cents in gas to drive...

Regards,

:scorched:

Logic is gone in the world. Bean counters keep it running smooth now. I receive a 9cent check occasionally for some Comcast stock dividends. Seems such a shame to even get it. I inherited some AT&T stock years ago from my grandmother. It was Blue-Chip stock when she bought umpteen years ago. Now it has been whittled down to almost nothing. Another lesson that when the Govt gets involved in splitting up monopolies get out quick or there are 9cent checks coming your way.:confused24::D