Looking to purchase a luggage rack for my 08 RSTD, pt. no. STR1D6513000. Any suggestions where to buy and get best value on the internet? I have checked with my dealer and they run ~$145.00, any body got any ideas or happen to have one laying around?

Looking to purchase a luggage rack for my 08 RSTD, pt. no. STR1D6513000. Any suggestions where to buy and get best value on the internet? I have checked with my dealer and they run ~$145.00, any body got any ideas or happen to have one laying around?

I recently bought mine at outdoornetwork.com in Florida. Their price was $135.08 U.S. for the same part number. They specialize in boat parts but if you punch in the correct Yamaha accessory part number they will provide it and usually at a slightly lower price than most bike shops.

STR4WM511001 $77.56

Made for the Road Star, fits RSTD fine

I had a look at that part, and I have no idea how you mounted it. The luggage rack for the RSTD is designed to keep the quick release function of the passenger backrest intact. 2 clips and the backrest and luggage rack are off. The item you suggested looks like it bolts to the fender in 3 places. I would like to see a pic of your installation if you have one.

Cheers!

$115.00 From Motorsports Super Center

http://www.motorsportssupercenter.com/pages/catalogs/detail/26/203/403/20544/1/0/0/1/4/90/68/330/rear-luggage-rack.aspx

I have ordered many things from them, great prices. Service you can rely on.

Sonny

Great site Sunman. Any problems getting them to ship to us Canucks. I found another site that had good prices but they wouldn't ship north of the border. I assume since you indicated you have bought from them that this isn't a problem. Their price on the OEM saddlebag guards is twenty bucks less than the best price I have found elsewhere to date.:bowdown:

Great site Sunman. Any problems getting them to ship to us Canucks. I found another site that had good prices but they wouldn't ship north of the border. I assume since you indicated you have bought from them that this isn't a problem. Their price on the OEM saddlebag guards is twenty bucks less than the best price I have found elsewhere to date.:bowdown:

No problem shipping to us at all. But may I suggest, you specifically request they ship via USPS, NOT UPS. UPS charges up to $45 for brokerage fees to collect the GST and PST on items over $20 US. USPS charges $5. When you order, you can call them (205-921-7777) and ask for Bill. Tell him Sonny from Ontario sent ya. See this thread

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=34075

for one of my experiences dealing with them

Or even better, get to know one of our members south of the border, send the stuff to their place, ride down to visit, and put your parts on there. And of course declare all the new parts to Canada Customs when you return. (The last statement was solely for the benefit of any Canada Customs officers who may be browsing the site :whistling:)

Attachs to the rear seat bolt and the license plate frame.

No affect on removal of sissy bar/backrest.

That was quite ingenious, my hats off to you. Finding compatible parts and accessories is quite the challenge sometimes. Nice job! :63:

the rack that bolts on to back seat bolt and licsene plate frame is for the earlier models(96-01) royals but will still fit the newer(05-present) tds, but it will stays on the bike if you decide to take off your sissy bar. its also great when you solo out the bike and want to use it or not, just a few minutes to take off or put on.

No problem shipping to us at all. But may I suggest, you specifically request they ship via USPS, NOT UPS. UPS charges up to $45 for brokerage fees to collect the GST and PST on items over $20 US. USPS charges $5. When you order, you can call them (205-921-7777) and ask for Bill. Tell him Sonny from Ontario sent ya. See this thread

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=34075

for one of my experiences dealing with them

Or even better, get to know one of our members south of the border, send the stuff to their place, ride down to visit, and put your parts on there. And of course declare all the new parts to Canada Customs when you return. (The last statement was solely for the benefit of any Canada Customs officers who may be browsing the site :whistling:)

Thanks again Sonny. Had a similar experience with an order from boats.net. Had to wait about six extra weeks because one item was on backorder. Then, when they took it to the USPS the clerk double keyed the last number in my street address which turned it into a much longer street than it is. Of course good old Canada Post couldn't be bothered looking up my correct address when it made it to my street (what's that saying about neither rain nor sleet nor snow or hail will stop the mail) so they turned the parcel around and sent it all the way back down to Florida. This added two extra weeks to the delivery time before I finally got my parts. :yikes:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I ordered the luggage rack from Boats.net a few weeks ago. Waiting and waiting for it, found out it was backordered. The next time I checked it was canceled, they never notified me.:doh:

Thanks again Sonny. Had a similar experience with an order from boats.net. Had to wait about six extra weeks because one item was on backorder.

• 3 weeks later...