IGNORED

2nd Gen Replacements for Lower Wind Vents

BuddyRich

Several people have asked so I have started making replacement lowers for the lower wind vents on our 2nd gens. The cost is 35 which includes shipping. They are available in smoke,clear, and black . I have to make these as you order them so expect them a couple of weeks after you order . You can paypal me or send a check. buddyrich at ebmc.com is the paypal. Didn't use the @ symbol so the spammers don't pick up on the email address.

Pics attached

Edited by BuddyRich
Clarify

Buddy,hold me a set of Black and I will either meet at your place soon or perhaps ameet and eat and give you the cash. Tom..If you want to do the PayPal thing its cool but like to get together again sometime..Tom. I have to start work in the morning so If you want call or I will be on laptop tomorrow night...somewhere in the USA!

Several people have asked so I have started making replacement lowers for the lower wind vents on our 2nd gens. The cost is 35 which includes shipping. They are available in smoke,clear,red,blue,black,green, and I think I can get yellow also. The colors are transparent. Black is a solid color. I have to make these as you order them so expect them a couple of weeks after you order . You can paypal me or send a check. buddyrich at ebmc.com is the paypal. Didn't use the @ symbol so the spammers don't pick up on the email address

Hey BuddyRich,

What color red is it? I've got the 2006 Black Cherry. Thanks.

Buddy,

Do you make anything that would divert the airflow that comes over the lower cowling and under the fairing? I get a lot of buffeting thru there. I can put my feet up on the cowling and it really calms the air down. I think a bracket could be attached to the air filter housing and a "wing" of some kind that would adjust to divert the air.

Buddy,

Do you make anything that would divert the airflow that comes over the lower cowling and under the fairing? I get a lot of buffeting thru there. I can put my feet up on the cowling and it really calms the air down. I think a bracket could be attached to the air filter housing and a "wing" of some kind that would adjust to divert the air.

To keep the wind off your knees ? Yea, I need to find the material. I'll PM you when I have a set done. Same price. They attach with velcro to the underside of the lowers and push the air up and out. I was using them when it was cold and kept all the air off my knees.

To keep the wind off your knees ? Yea, I need to find the material. I'll PM you when I have a set done. Same price. They attach with velcro to the underside of the lowers and push the air up and out. I was using them when it was cold and kept all the air off my knees.

I want a set as soon as you makem.....

Same size as the lower wind vents from Yamaha, yes. I copied mine which should be the same as everybody else's. These are the ones. I am making the replacement lexan part.

http://www.ronayers.com/catalogs/yahacc/parts.cfm?secid=10&type=310

The originals will begin to crack at the bolt holes. My old ones were nearly all the way across when I decided it was time to replace them and I wasn't going to spend another 150 for the whole setup.

Same size and shape.. But don't use a micrometer to measure them.. :rotf:

• 3 weeks later...
Several people have asked so I have started making replacement lowers for the lower wind vents on our 2nd gens. The cost is 35 which includes shipping. They are available in smoke,clear,red,blue,black,green, and I think I can get yellow also. The colors are transparent. Black is a solid color. I have to make these as you order them so expect them a couple of weeks after you order . You can paypal me or send a check. buddyrich at ebmc.com is the paypal. Didn't use the @ symbol so the spammers don't pick up on the email address.

Pics attached

Questions before I order a set.

Do they have the same curvatures as the originals or are they just flat?

The black.. are they made out of a different material since they are solid not transparent?

BTW thanks for making replacements, there are a lot of people that will need them. :banana:

Bubber

aka Steve

• 2 months later...