can someone tell me if I can buy a set of avon tires,the same size as the stock tires.(150/80 16)front,,and the (150/90 15)rear, in the wide white wall. I'm having trouble findin the stock size in the www. Or do I need to go to the 130/80 16 in the front. And also where can i find the best price.? thx in advance.:think:

For the best guy and price call my friend TJ at 800-755-9929 CRT Powersports......They ship everywhere. I called him at home now with you question and he told me to have you call him tomorrow. He's the best.....I change tires at least once a year and he is the man. It rings at his place in Ohio and Cedar Rapids at the same time....Ask for TJ....I love the Venoms and have had 3 set's...:Venture:

JerryK

Man...that is a tough one.

According to the AVON website...they do not make a WWW in orginal front size for our bikes. Neither does Donlop in the Elite 3.

Some folks here go with the smaller front tire and say it helps low speed handling...but some say it they see a degradation in handling at crusing speeds/windy conditions. Some swear by the smaller front tire...some do not like it at all. I do not have any experience with smaller front tire yet.

I am staying stock sizes....as I have a new set of BW tires on order today.

Southwestern Moto Tires http://arizonamoto.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=SWMT&Category_Code=MTCYTIRES does not seem to carry white walls on thier website...you may can call them to see if they offer something in WWW that will work. I think they are about the cheapest I have found.

Right now Motocycle superstore http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/ is having a sale on some tires and with the Venturerider discount is a pretty darn good deal that is hard to beat if they have what you want.

I purchase where they had the size I wanted.

I know you are going for that certian look...

Hope this helps some...Good luck finding WWW

:fingers crossed:

How about the Metzler ME880's for these bikes?

Search on this site for the Metzler tires...there are some post about more than one of them chunking rubber...

I do not know for sure but may have just been a bad tire... or tires. It was enough for me to be scared of them. :whistling:

Seems the tire of choice here is Avons, Dunlope Elite 3 and Mich Commanders.

Edited by CMIKE
forgot something

The ME880 www that i see have the same stock size front..150/80h 16,,but the only 15 inch rear i see at motorcycle superstore is a 170/80 hb 15.. Isn't the 170 to wide?

170 is really really wide...the Vstar custom I have has a 170 and it is a wide wide back tire or at least it looks wide on that little bike.

Just checked the Avon website to be sure. They don't have a front tire in WW in the size needed but they do have the front size in WW in a rear tire. All you have to do is put it on in reverse direction. And you get longer wear life, higher load rating, speed rating and, although I couldn't verify it, probably an extra 1/16 tread depth. A lot of darksiders do this to get a tire that will last nearly as long as the CT.

Edited by BigBoyinMS

Thats weird, because we been running Metzler Me880's om all our bike in the past, which were GW, and VTX's. They were a very smooth running tire, and usalley last around 18,000 miles. I been running them for years, and swear by them

I do see the Vonems come up here alot. I would like to compare these two

Sorry, didnt mean to high jack the thread

Thats weird, because we been running Metzler Me880's om all our bike in the past, which were GW, and VTX's. They were a very smooth running tire, and usalley last around 18,000 miles. I been running them for years, and swear by them

I do see the Vonems come up here alot. I would like to compare these two

Sorry, didnt mean to high jack the thread

Take it from someone who has had chunks of rubber come off of two out of three sets of Metz 880's and got lousy customer service from Metzeler to boot, I wouldnt use them again. Ill be the first to say that the Metz handles great in dry/wet weather but it seems that there are issues with the rear tire that Metzeler refuses to address, only to blame it on underinflation by the rider. Im not the only one over the past 5 years who have had delamination issues with the 880. :thumbdown:

Also, the 170 rear tire sidewall will hit the swingarm when it expands as it gets hot. I have seen it happen while at the Hoot one year.

How about the Metzler ME880's for these bikes?

Do a search on here about the Metz..I know ALOT of people with different brand bikes that have had GREAT luck with Metz but for some reason on the Venture it hasnt proven(Except to a few) to be a safe tire..Mine started chunking at 1700 miles..No more Metz for me,my life and my wifes life is not worth taking the chance. 16000 miles on my rear Avon now and still looks great BUT,I think I am going to replace for safety sakes. Tom

Just checked the Avon website to be sure. They don't have a front tire in WW in the size needed but they do have the front size in WW in a rear tire. All you have to do is put it on in reverse direction. And you get longer wear life, higher load rating, speed rating and, although I couldn't verify it, probably an extra 1/16 tread depth. A lot of darksiders do this to get a tire that will last nearly as long as the CT.

Sorry, but that's a little odd, since i'm running venom's WWW front and rear; i got them last year or the year before?. If you like i'll dig a little deeper to find out where i got them.

Sorry, but that's a little odd, since i'm running venom's WWW front and rear; i got them last year or the year before?. If you like i'll dig a little deeper to find out where i got them.

I was only looking at the stock 150 size. They do have the front in the MT90B16 which is equivalent to a 130 tire.

Thats great to know about the 880's, sounds like their not the best tire for choice for the Venture

I'm glad I asked, because I'll need new tires here soon also

What does a set of Venoms run for front/rear

250-280 depending on what size you buy (some go smaller on the front) I just purchased a set of Dunlope Elite 3's in stock sizes for $257 delivered. Avons are a little higher

Look at post #3 above and try those links to see what the actual totals will be.

Southwestern Moto Tires http://arizonamoto.com/Merchant2/mer...Code=MTCYTIRES

Motocycle superstore http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/

Sale going on now at Motorcycle superstore...Venturerider gets a good discount from them.

250-280 depending on what size you buy (some go smaller on the front) I just purchased a set of Dunlope Elite 3's in stock sizes for $257 delivered. Avons are a little higher

Look at post #3 above and try those links to see what the actual totals will be.

Southwestern Moto Tires http://arizonamoto.com/Merchant2/mer...Code=MTCYTIRES

Motocycle superstore http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/

Sale going on now at Motorcycle superstore...Venturerider gets a good discount from them.

Thanks for your help :)

Double check that front tire size. I've never seen an Avon front WW tire in the stock size anywhere. Only in the narrower size.

The only options for WW tires in the stock sizes for both front and rear are Dunlop and Maxxis.

Double check that front tire size. I've never seen an Avon front WW tire in the stock size anywhere. Only in the narrower size.

The only options for WW tires in the stock sizes for both front and rear are Dunlop and Maxxis.

OK...I just looked and this is what's stamped on the sidewalls:

WWW - Wide White Walls

(Front) MT90B16

(Rear) 150/90B15

Edited by rjmalizia
clearify WWW

OK...I just looked and this is what's stamped on the sidewalls:

WWW - Wide White Walls

(Front) MT90B16

(Rear) 150/90B15

Yup, the MT90 front tire is the same as a 130/90; not stock size. As others stated above, Avon's own web site does not show any front tire available as a white wall in the stock size.

Goose

Yup, the MT90 front tire is the same as a 130/90; not stock size. As others stated above, Avon's own web site does not show any front tire available as a white wall in the stock size.

Goose

I stand corrected. I was under the assumption that, that was the same as the stock size. I would think that it must be close though. it fits and was easily put back on the bike. I can't say the same for the rear. it was rather tough squeezing back in there.

again sorry.

Edited by rjmalizia
spelling