IGNORED

Is this company legitimate??????

Grey Ghost

I placed an order with http://www.milwaukeeleatheroutlet.com for a Kuryakyn touring bag on March 27.

I received an automated email on April 1 :scratchchin: from shane@californialeatherwear.com saying that my order had shipped, but it did not give a shipping date or a tracking #.

After four email request for a shipping date and a tracking #, I have heard zero, nada, zilch and I am beginning to wonder if I have been taken.:confused07:

Maybe the reason they sold this item at such a good price with free shipping is that they don't actually ship. Let's see....... yep, that's 100% profit.:mo money:

Anyone had any experience with this company?

Jeff

One thing I try to do to help me find legit companies online is look for full address and contact info. If all they give is an e-mail, or maybe one phone number, then I get more cautious.

I'm with Don, I even go as far a calling them and talking to someone to verify if they are legit.

Good Luck

I hope you used a credit card to make this purchase. If so, you should be prepared to call them soon. If you think enough time has past, your credit card company can recoup your payment and cancel the order. :080402gudl_prv:

I placed an order with http://www.milwaukeeleatheroutlet.com for a Kuryakyn touring bag on March 27.

I received an automated email on April 1 :scratchchin: from shane@californialeatherwear.com saying that my order had shipped, but it did not give a shipping date or a tracking #.

After four email request for a shipping date and a tracking #, I have heard zero, nada, zilch and I am beginning to wonder if I have been taken.:confused07:

Maybe the reason they sold this item at such a good price with free shipping is that they don't actually ship. Let's see....... yep, that's 100% profit.:mo money:

Anyone had any experience with this company?

Jeff

I think they are a legit company, at least Milwaukee Leather is. I see their stuff around in many of the local bike shops etc. I think maybe the leathers I have now came from them or at least from them under another label.

Still there's no excuse for not answering a question from a customer.

Good Luck,

BOO

When I got home a little while ago, I was relieved to see that UPS had delivered my order. It had shipped direct from Kuryakyn.

However; I had called another phone # that I found for Milwaukee Leather Outlet this afternoon and got an answering machine with a message to leave a # and they would call me back. I left two separate messages and they never returned my call.

To be honest about this whole thing, I did receive exactly what I had ordered but I am very disappointed about how it was handled.

They could have at least answered an email with a tracking # to ease a person's mind.

Communication is good. Silence gives you an uneasy feeling.

Thank you all for your support and help.

Jeff

I can understand why keeping a low overhead could contribute to savings for customers, however it seems more and more business forget that even with a low overhead they can provide a decent customer service. This is one thing we love about E-Bay; the feedback ratings. Too bad most busineses do not have to meet those standards.

We like to shout out about folks that provide quality service, as well as those who fall short. I can still recall the day when quality service was the norm. Yet here we are surprised and thrilled when a business does go that extra mile, which once was the norm.

Seems the guys who offer lousy service are the one's that whine the most when they go under, blaming it on every thing and one else other than their own lack of integrity.

There have been a few times when we have offered a business the link to Venture Riders, letting them know there is power in numbers and we are all watching. I believe as a group we can expect more from those who vend their products to us. We have basically shown we are fair in our assessments and discussions regarding services, such as the latest Progressive discussion. We may not all agree as a group, yet on the other hand we are discussing issues as a group and one thing I am quite sure we all pretty much agree on is we appreciate quality service and reasonable prices.

May not hurt to mail out this link to businesses good and poor and ask how they want to be portrayed in this discussion.

Check here: http://beaversdenleather.net/

She carries the Kuryakyn stuff, and I have met her. She won't screw you around, although her personality is kinda "upbeat" so she might make some jokes. I bought a leather jacket from her and she was demonstrating the map pocket and she stuck her hand in it and pinched my gut...:think: Made me jump and she laughed at me..... That kind of behavior makes us grumpy silent types really uncomfortable. :stickpoke::rotfl:

Anyway, if something don't work, I can act as a personal liaison.

Don't know what to do about the failed transaction though. Hopefully you can dispute the payment. Sounds like one of those places that just takes orders for a warehouse....:headache: