IGNORED

Show Chrome "plastic" gas tank cover

Pulled the bike out of winter storage tonight & started to install a Show Chrome "plastic" gas tank/ignition cover. While installing I noticed that when the handlebars are turned all the way either direction (as they were getting it out of the corner), the risers push into this cover quite a bit, and it did it with the stock black piece also. This Show Chrome piece is much more brittle than stock though.

I'm wondering if it's going to crack/shatter the first time I crank the bars over all the way. Anybody that has one have any issues with it?

Thanks for the info...JR :confused07:

There are issues with the risers and the Chrome cover. I think some folks still use both though.

From the Barons site:

NOTE: This part has been tested to work with stock lines on Yamaha Royal Star Venture models. It has also been tested with a Baron Starbar to work with stock lines. Not for use with Yamaha chrome dash cover, or Yamaha one-piece riser cap.

Good luck

Not that this means anything, 'specially out of me

:whistling: but I dont care for the chrome cover there. It just seems very flimsy to me and I know they scratch very easily. I know a few guys that replace them every couple of year or less. I haven't heard of any of the contacting with the handlebars. I ended up covering my stock one in leather and I really like it a lot, but I'm into leather accents on the bike :confused24:

Edited by Squidley

Not that this means anything, 'specially out of me

:whistling: but I dont care for the chome cover there. It just seems very flimsy to me and I know they scratch very easily. I know a few guys that replace them every couple of year or less. I haven't heard of any of the contacting with the handlebars. I ended up covering my stock one in leather and I really like it a lot, but I'm into leather accents on the bike :confused24:

This is comming from a guy that has his passing lamps upside down. lol

I like mine and Im with Eck, wish I could find a metal one. Im on number three

I like chrome as good as the other guy but...I get a reflection on the windshield from my gas tank lid.

I put a leather cover over my gas cap to stop that reflection on the windsheild. I can just about expect what that chrome cover would do to me. That chrome reflection in the windshield makes me think I am looking at a holigram. :motorcyclehelmet:

I read a lot before I bought it about how easily they scratch and the reflection, and bought them anyways. However, the thing about the risers pushing into this cover is what concerns me. So far it doesn't sound like it's been much of a problem for anyone though.

I've seen some of these covers that also are bumped by the handlebars, puts a little spot on them but you can barely see it. For no more than they cost you should just try one.

I don't have one but then again I don't like to shine things either.

BOO